ONLINE TOUR

For all topics about the playing of Links, such as Swing Types etc.
Jimbo

ONLINE TOUR

Post by Jimbo »

I just started playing online last year and some of the scores that I'm seeing are unbelievable. How does somebody shoot 85 under par?
I'm just wondering so I can do it too. I'd love to get a PM-you folks know who you are! :scared:
Kunkleman

Re: ONLINE TOUR

Post by Kunkleman »

It takes a special set of inherent skills to get there. Most of us will never get there no matter how we try. :notworthy:
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Jimbo wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:29 am I just started playing online last year and some of the scores that I'm seeing are unbelievable. How does somebody shoot 85 under par?
I'm just wondering so I can do it too. I'd love to get a PM-you folks know who you are! :scared:
I imagine it's a combination of years of play and extreme attention to detail. Think about Roy - he shoots those scores while playing Elite level Click! Try playing a practice round at that level to see how difficult that is! :smile:

Pete
Guitarzan

Post by Guitarzan »

I can shoot some pretty good scores from time to time but nowhere near that. I have played other golf sims and I got so good on them (like GBC), I quit playing them, the challenge was gone. If I was shooting those scores on Links I would quit that as well. Thank God Links is still challenging, for me at least, and Links 2001 is still the hardest edition of the franchise, it drives me crazy sometimes. I wouldn't want to know what their particular tricks or strategies are, I'll fail on my own till I hit that "aha" moment.