PGA Tour 2K21

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.
guitarget2019

PGA Tour 2K21

Post by guitarget2019 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WGvavK6lN8

Probably need a Cray computer for graphics like these...... :laugh:
pmgolf

Re: PGA Tour 2K21

Post by pmgolf »

Considering what we started with back in 1968 when I first started working with a computer where it occupied an entire room, we're getting pretty close to one!

So far a lot of info about the bells and whistles, but not much on how you do the swing. If you have to use a controller, sorry but that's been proven in my mind to feel artificial. Click swing? Works fine for launching missiles, but doesn't do anything to make you feel like you're making the effort of swinging a club. It does look pretty, though.

Pete
Stephen Sullivan

Post by Stephen Sullivan »

Would need to have a decent mouse swing. Gave up on Perfect Golf because, though they had a horizontal mouse swing, it was nothing like as good as Powerstroke in my opinion (which didn't count for much)
Guitarzan

Post by Guitarzan »

Adelade

Post by Adelade »

I've never seen so many chip-ins and pitch-ins. Trying not to be too negative and I know its probably "only" on the medium(?) difficulty setting but makes it seem really boring to me.

Almost no mention of lasting appeal at all in terms of game modes.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
John B

Post by John B »

From what I'm seeing and hearing I'll probably pass on this, at least for now. I was drawn in mostly by the course designer and somewhat by the graphics, but the actual gameplay just doesn't seem like it's a game that would be as enjoyable as this 17 year old game that we're playing now. The physics just seem a little arcade-ish, and as I mentioned in another thread the lack of a 2 or 3 click swing option is a huge turn off for me.

Anyway, maybe I'll change my mind down the road and give this game a try, but until then I'll be interested in hearing any feedback from anyone here who might have played the game.
Guitarzan

Post by Guitarzan »

I'll buy it if Steam has a sale, but 80 bucks? I can buy MSFS 2020 Standard and fly the world for that price. I'm wondering what the difficulty settings in those videos were. The hardest difficulty is apparently quite a challenge.