Castle Pines 2021 Beta Feedback

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
chad

Castle Pines 2021 Beta Feedback

Post by chad »

Hi Steven...looking forward to playing this one!. I did take a look around at a cursory level. I noticed that there are elevation differences between the 2000 and 2021 versions. Some good examples are holes 2 and 11. In the 2000 release, both of those holes slope downhill. In the 2021 beta, both are uphill in elevation. Is this by design?

I will post more updates here after I give it a closer look. :thumbup:
SLucey

Re: Castle Pines 2021 Beta Feedback

Post by SLucey »

>> Is this by design?
They are indeed.
chad

Post by chad »

Which version is correct? I've not played or visited the course.
Has the course layout changed over the years? :dunno:
JohnPatO

Post by JohnPatO »

Have a look at this picture as it gives a pretty good feel for that hole and indeed it appears to be uphill. https://digital.denverlibrary.org/digit ... /id/13483/
Duglis

Post by Duglis »

Is this a change in the real course from an older layout?
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

I have the beta (more like a alpha)from the Castle Pines original Microsoft mesh but I unfortunately have not had any time to work on courses. As far as I know the last course renovation was in 2000 but they did do a clubhouse and facility renovation last year. If I ever get a chance I will try and get some work done on it. There are many nice custom made pines on it.

Glenn
gene_golf

Post by gene_golf »

braden1308 wrote: January 28th, 2021, 2:42 am I have the beta (more like a alpha)from the Castle Pines original Microsoft mesh but I unfortunately have not had any time to work on courses. As far as I know the last course renovation was in 2000 but they did do a clubhouse and facility renovation last year. If I ever get a chance I will try and get some work done on it. There are many nice custom made pines on it.

Glenn
Looks like several changes were done in last year. Had heard in past of pond to left of #14's green and for hole #11 was only natural to put water in form of creek in front of that green as just called out for it instead of having rough there as well as putting a pond in front of #2's green. It is interesting to see pond added to left of #16 green as believe hole played uphill from tee to green and to me adding a pond is not what might have thought of there. Not certain of Steven Lucey's elevations for course as Chad brought up and would question depth of sand traps that I have seen on other courses of his. Playing with closeup view there are more shots blind with rises in front to obscure most shots even from say tee at #18 than see with MS version. Also not sure if trees to left front of back tee for hole #18 are so intrusive on real course. He does have colorful textures and objects different than MS for this and his other remake of courses. It has been since 2006 that course was used on tour with Stableford scoring format.

https://www.provisualizer.com/2dplanner ... 8,,,,,&v=2
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

With Mr. Brooks temporarily "otherwise occupied" at the moment I'll ""shelve" the Prestwick nit pick and "full speed ahead"!😉
gene_golf

Post by gene_golf »

JohnPatO wrote: January 25th, 2021, 10:47 pm Have a look at this picture as it gives a pretty good feel for that hole and indeed it appears to be uphill. https://digital.denverlibrary.org/digit ... /id/13483/
Picture that you provided shows view is uphill from green back towards tee, but do not play a course backwards---so in actuality the 11th hole at Castle Pines plays downhill from tee towards the green. Looking at hole in 2021 version with pin location set at zero in practice mode the yardage says 197 yards with an uphill elevation of 21.1 feet. The look is that of a flat hole as I use closeup view and am unable to see creek that has been added in front of the green. I see Steven Lucey by his screenshots for course uses a slightly elevated view when he plays than what I use myself, whereby if he were playing then he just might be able to see creek in front of 11th green the way he has designed this hole. Using MS version 2000 the same hole plays at 192 yards with a 22 yard drop from back tee to pin location set at zero in practice mode to show contrast as to why I chose to agree with Chad's post.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Hi Steve:

I've taken a look at your nice work. I see that you got your scorecard info. from Skygolf. GolfPass and ProVisualer were totally different-and there's no link to the "Real" card on the club website unless you're a member.Only a couple of minor issues with the "Pro" tees. Things get a little more complicated as you use the closer tees. I'll send you an Excel file via PM.

Anyway, I'll send the Excel file tonight and then get around to nit picking tomorrow. I'm glad to see that you captured that nice clubhouse-although I'm wondering if there's any view from the first tee.

A bientot! :)