Almouj

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Jimbo

Almouj

Post by Jimbo »

Normally when a course is discontinued it's either because it was a BETA or it's been replaced by an updated version. There's a Real course in Oman called Almouj-designed by Greg Norman. There was a version released in 2013 by a group called Cool Studios. It was discontinued with no replacement.
What considerations (other than BETA or replacement) go into the decision? Can the designer request that it be dropped? Have we ever faced legal action from the club?
Just wondering...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UaFwAA ... e=emb_logo
Last edited by Jimbo on November 27th, 2020, 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stephen Sullivan

Re: Almouj

Post by Stephen Sullivan »

I'd thought about doing this one, as it's a course used on the European Tour, which I run a version of at LSPN. I even went as far as getting an overhead into APCD. When I last looked at it on GE, the elevation information was missing in parts of the course, making it difficult to do anything more than an interpretation. I'm also not sure I can do the coastline justice.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Google Earth can be handy in that regard. I was looking at the territory too. Given the narrow layout beside the ocean I'd have to think that elevations would be minimal-that's what I gather from looking at pictures of the course...I'm talking SERIOUSLY flat! :naughty:
Stephen Sullivan

Post by Stephen Sullivan »

Not sure I have the enthusiasm for another real course :pcwhack:
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Stephen...you know you want to...we're all with you...the Nit Picker will be right there beside you (as much as one can be on this side of the Pacific). The people of OMAN need to know that we love them...I don't think that we have any courses that look over the Indian Ocean...
How's that for motivation? :cheers1: :cheers1: :clapping: :clapping: :thumbup: :thumbup: :notworthy: :notworthy: