Links 2003 w/ Intel-Only Graphics or Intel + Nvidia Graphics - Solution Found

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
KennyD

Re: Links 2003 w/ Intel-Only Graphics or Intel + Nvidia Graphics - Solution Found

Post by KennyD »

<Did you check out the first post in this thread?"
I tried the "andy" link a few days ago and got a "file not found" message before posting. Today I tried it and it worked and I downloaded the executable file. Under the MS folder I find 5 DLL files instead of three as in the instructions. Do I paste all 5 into the links folder before running the voodoo executable file?
I'm rather a newbie when it comes to computers so I appreciate all the help you guys give. I have been useing computers since I had a TI 99/4A computer back in ancient times but I still get butterflies when trying to make changes in programs.
dko

Re: Links 2003 w/ Intel-Only Graphics or Intel + Nvidia Graphics - Solution Found

Post by dko »

KennyD,

From the MS subfolder you should click on the x86 folder and copy and paste the four dll's. That's what worked for me on Windows 11 and Intel.

Doug
Doug
KennyD

Post by KennyD »

Thanks guys, I got it working, looks great on my 27" screen.
JohnPatO

Post by JohnPatO »

Andy the fix is brilliant. I just recently installed the game on an i5-6500 system with Intel 530 graphics and the bug drove me crazy until I tried your fix and it works swimmingly well. Thanks so much!
dwg

Post by dwg »

Just to add to the dataset, I have tested Links 2003 on the following two systems running Windows 11.

11th Gen Intel Core i5-1135G7 with Intel Iris Xe Graphics

13th Gen Intel Core i5-13400 with Intel UHD Graphics 730

No problem on either machine, Links runs well. As others have said translucent shadows do not work. A later version of the fix may change this but I have not tried any other builds.

It is a great solution.
dwg

Post by dwg »

A further data point

With Windows 10 on a Intel Gen 7 i5 with 1366 x 768 (Mode 10) Intel 620 graphics I see the disappearing golfer issue, missing menus etc. Dropping back to 1280 x 720 (mode 5) and it works.
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Thanks for posting that, dwg!

Pete