Editing Terrain Material Libraries

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
wojo

Editing Terrain Material Libraries

Post by wojo »

I've seen Les' tutorial for merging object libraries... I don't see a similar tool for editing terrain material libraries. Is it possible to eliminate some materials in the Terrain materials library that pops up... and add them back later on if I decide I need another one? I've pretty much chosen which terrain materials I want to use, and it's a pain to scroll through dozens of materials that I don't intend to use (like 11 varieties of Sandstone... What's that about?) Is there a way to create a "personal terrain library" with only my favorite stock materials plus a few I've made along the way?
Danny D

Re: Editing Terrain Material Libraries

Post by Danny D »

wojo wrote: September 6th, 2020, 8:47 pm I've seen Les' tutorial for merging object libraries... I don't see a similar tool for editing terrain material libraries. Is it possible to eliminate some materials in the Terrain materials library that pops up... and add them back later on if I decide I need another one? I've pretty much chosen which terrain materials I want to use, and it's a pain to scroll through dozens of materials that I don't intend to use (like 11 varieties of Sandstone... What's that about?) Is there a way to create a "personal terrain library" with only my favorite stock materials plus a few I've made along the way?
No way to remove the stock materials (they're actually called textures). Just note that you can CLONE a stock texture and change it to a texture that you create yourself. The ones you create will be sorted and placed at the BOTTOM of the stock texture list, and their text lettering will be in green letters, instead of black, like the stock textures lettering. You can edit or change the ones that you create, but you cannot change or remove the stock textures.

:cheers1: Dan

An additional word of advice...

Although is not absolutely mandatory, it's advisable to clone the same type of stock texture that you will be creating as custom texture. For example, if you are creating SAND, clone a SAND texture. For DEEP ROUGH, clone a deep rough texture. For greens, clone a GREENS texture and so on...
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added