Meadow Lark Country Club

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
ChuckH

Meadow Lark Country Club

Post by ChuckH »

Thanks to Sage Vanni for making this course. I think that this course might be the first and only REAL course made for Links in Montana. I live and play golf in Montana but I've never played this course. There is a fictional course called Copperhead At Old Works that is based on a Jack Nicklaus design in Anaconda, MT called Old Works but no real courses as far as I know. If there is a Montana course in Links, I'd like to know what it is. I'd also would like to know if anyone has played this course in real life and what they think of this re-creation. Thanks again Sage. Now I have to play a few rounds.
Stephen Sullivan

Re: Meadow Lark Country Club

Post by Stephen Sullivan »

Don't appear to be any real ones as you have said, but the database I downloaded from the old forum lists the following fictional as Montana

Absarokee Gap Golf Course, V2
Absarokee Gap Golf Course
East Mountain Country Club - Warmup, v2
East Mountain Country Club, v2
East Mountain Country Club
East Mountain Country Club - Warmup (3 Holes)
Copperhead at Old Works 2005
Imperial Valley C. C.
Babylon Ridge
Devils Lake South © FE

I know I use Babylon Ridge in my handicap events on the LSPN European Tour, which I do on a state by state basis, though some states have more events than others :whistle:
gene_golf

Re: Meadow Lark Country Club

Post by gene_golf »

As I wrote previously condensed here about Meadowlark, "Other than Dakota Dunes these courses hyped by millsteve may fit pattern of being like Meadow Lark, which looked and played much the same as a muni course. Muni courses are short, lack hazards that cause golfers trouble taking an eternity to play rounds or costing course money to maintain them. Players get a round of golf in quickly especially if ride in golf cart and afterwards brag to others about what a good round that they played. Take for instance Meadow Lark where the only hazards I saw were the tree lined fairways. It would take a poor golfer playing Links to wind up either in what are sand traps near greens and are not really greenside or water hazards and that would apply as well to real players playing the course. The course is not challenging and is not scenic."

https://www.top100golfcourses.com/golf- ... sa/montana