Beta testing

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
braden1308

Re: Beta testing

Post by braden1308 »

I took a look and there were two pins that were fairly close together on that line so I moved one. I couldn't recreate the anomaly but I decided to move one so it doesn't happen again, why take the chance. Thanks Ian and Pete :cheers1:
Pete

Post by Pete »

:thumbup: :clapping: :clapping: Great job Glenn
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

Thanks Pete, I'll probably upload both courses tomorrow for a final release.
Pete

Post by Pete »

screen0002.jpg
screen0002.jpg (2.18 MiB) Viewed 3109 times
Cloned tree maybe
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

Not cloned just very similar, good eye though
Pete

Post by Pete »

:thumbup: :notworthy:
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

I thought the course looked great except for some excessive planting. I thought it took away from the looks rather than adding to it - but it's just my opinion. Right of 9 tee and right of 14 tee, and I think the planting would more realistic if it was shorter or smaller and cut back by 60 to 70 percent around lakes and along streams so some bank shows. Too tall in front of 11 green. All just my opinion though - don't mean to start anything, I just think the course would look even better without so much of it. :smile:

Pete
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

In front of #11 the grass is pretty high, I was surprised when I watched some videos how high that grass actually is. There is very little on Glen Abbey as far as video or good course pictures but from what video I was able to find on the Canadian Open the growth was pretty heavy. In order to cut back on the planting it would be better for me to just replant all the undergrowth and grasses. I would have to think about that because that means I would have to basically replant the grasses and undergrowth on two courses, that would be a lot of extra work.

I did think it looked a little heavy but let it go, let me think about just removing some of the grasses completely to lessen things up. That would be easier than trying to reduce the percentage of each plant.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Note that on the original Glen Abbey there were houses visible across the street from the first and third greens and second tee. Those houses don't exist-if you ever see them it will mean that the course no longer exists. This detail has been addressed. - The front nine of the tournament front nine is also re-routed.