Mauna Kea Golf Club 2020 Beta

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
ChuckH

Re: Mauna Kea Golf Club 2020 Beta

Post by ChuckH »

Excellent finished product. Thanks for doing this. I've also downloaded your three other courses. Very well done and wonderful upgrades. Do you have another project in the works?
Duglis

Post by Duglis »

Thanks for the beautiful update
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

I just played the final version, very nicely done! I thought I had one of the earlier versions, but I must have deleted it at some point. I knew I'd had the course before because the moment I was on the first tee, I recalled that if you turn to the right somewhere around 45 degrees, you can belt a drive right between those palms and land on the green, if the wind is just right and Mars is aligned with Uranus (no Klingons about). But if you screw up, you'll be in the middle of nowhere. Those bunkers are certainly interesting, I don't think I've ever seen a Links course with bunkers so deep and steep, that drop off so suddenly from level ground. Are the real ones like that too? You'd think the edges would be constantly sagging. The Links "engine" doesn't quite know what to do when your ball lands halfway up the 80 degree slope; it shows the player standing level as though on flat ground, and my bunker shot seemed unaffected by the slope directly in front of me, as though passing through solid ground. Thanks for updating this course, it was certainly worth the effort :thumbup:
SLucey

Post by SLucey »

ChuckH wrote: August 24th, 2020, 3:11 am Excellent finished product. Thanks for doing this. I've also downloaded your three other courses. Very well done and wonderful upgrades. Do you have another project in the works?
Re-making Castle Pines. The course went through a re-design in 2015 and now differs from the Access Software original release significantly enough to warrant an update. DEM data has been imported, course overlay has been added, and verts are now in process of being added.
ChuckH

Post by ChuckH »

Fantastic. Great choice for an update as it has largely been abandoned. Looking forward to it. Other courses by Microsoft largely abandoned are Bighorn, Latrobe, Kapalua Bay, Phoenix Country Club, Valderrama, Four Seasons at Aviara, Frankfurter and maybe others. Any would be a good choice for an update.