Old Head GC Sights - Coming this week

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
pmgolf

Old Head GC Sights - Coming this week

Post by pmgolf »

I'm just tying up loose ends before releasing the course. Duglis asked to include the historical stones, so I thought I would show them. If you don't know where they are, you'll never see them.

First, the Friendship Stone, located right beside the first tee. Folks can shake hands through the circle in the Stone to seal their friendship. I had to turn to the left to show it.
Hole 1 Friendship Stone.jpg
Hole 1 Friendship Stone.jpg (137.68 KiB) Viewed 4361 times
Next we have a view from the 4th green. Note the spectators up at the top of the lighthouse.
Hole 4 Lighthouse Spectators.jpg
Hole 4 Lighthouse Spectators.jpg (139.08 KiB) Viewed 4361 times
Located between the 18 Tee and the 5th Tee is the Stone of Accord, where two parties can "Seal the Deal" with a handshake through the Stone. The history behind both Old Head Stones can be found on the internet. Google it.
Hole 18 Stone of Accord.jpg
Hole 18 Stone of Accord.jpg (146.69 KiB) Viewed 4361 times
And finally the view of the Tee shot on 18. The idea for all these spectators (placed one at a time) was sparked by a recent invasion of ants attacking my house!
Hole 18 Tee.jpg
Hole 18 Tee.jpg (196.13 KiB) Viewed 4361 times
The course should be ready in a day or so.

PEte
sagevanni

Re: Old Head GC Sights - Coming this week

Post by sagevanni »

Nice Pete....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sage..... :clapping:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
Lez Marwick

Post by Lez Marwick »

Are those HD grass textures? It might just be the resolution used to take the screenshots or some sort of compression but it looks a little blurry to me, and like a lack of anisotropic filtering. I know years ago I had blurry looking HD textures in Links and when I took screenshots it was the same. Once I forced 16X anisotropic filtering in the Nvidia control panel for Links the difference was amazing.
my APCD designs - Ackerton Cross, Anakena Beach, Battley Peak, Elsham Woods, Fairview GC, Margaret's Bay, Masson Moor GC, Mowsbury Golf Club, The Dustin Trophy, Upham Hall Golf Club, Yarlswood Golf Club, Zeitsbergen
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

As a matter of fact, yes, they're hi-rez textures. They're from some fellow named Lez Marwick, who made them available for use - and by the way, thank you very much! I can't get anisotropic filtering to work on my PC but that's ok - the textures look great to me! Preparing a course for release is like parting with an old friend!

Pete
Duglis

Post by Duglis »

Looks AWESOME!!!!! Are you ok with the ocean sounds?

This is so cool. Such a beautiful course!!!

- Douglas
Duglis

Post by Duglis »

Also, maybe you can put the stones info in a readme File with the course ;) :cheers1:
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

I looked at the clubhouse on the website-it appears to be essentially stone but one story-but elegant "up close".
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

The Old Head Final has been submitted! Hi-rez textures have been added along with a reworking of the 3rd, 4th and 12th greens. Some interior Out of Bounds have been added also since they exist on the real course, along with a free drop for an ancient burial ground. Hope you guys enjoy it!

Pete
Pete

Post by Pete »

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :notworthy: :thumbup:
Duglis

Post by Duglis »

:cheers1: :thumbup: