Windows 10 games list

Enough of the golf talk! Use this forum for other topics but no religion or politics.
Still Linksing

Re: Windows 10 games list

Post by Still Linksing » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:53 am

Danny,
If I could pick a gaming time to go back too, 2000 would be it! We had Links 2000, this site came alive as the first real avenue where every Links player in the world could meet with others. Finally, Links 2001 was born which completely began a new age of Links.
In 2000 we could run all the Links versions, the forums were flat out busy and we all lost track that there was a real life we had away from our computer screens. :laugh:

Running my old machine from back in 2000, now with both Links 2000 and 2001 installed, it is quite nostalgic and fun and everything works perfectly. Have not had things this good for 15 or more years. :thumbup:
aka Viper

Danny D

Post by Danny D » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:44 am

Still Linksing wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:53 am
Danny,
If I could pick a gaming time to go back too, 2000 would be it! We had Links 2000, this site came alive as the first real avenue where every Links player in the world could meet with others. Finally, Links 2001 was born which completely began a new age of Links.
In 2000 we could run all the Links versions, the forums were flat out busy and we all lost track that there was a real life we had away from our computer screens. :laugh:

Running my old machine from back in 2000, now with both Links 2000 and 2001 installed, it is quite nostalgic and fun and everything works perfectly. Have not had things this good for 15 or more years. :thumbup:
No need to explain that to me. :smile: I've been right here all along. I played online matches and tournaments for years as I advanced from one Links version to the next. I still have them in the original boxes, only used once, and with the receipts. I ran a ladder system for a while too. I was a member at Golfcom while it was running and spent my forum time there. Made lots of on-line friends and golf buddies. Those were some of the most enjoyable years I've ever had. :yes: :whistle: Years ago I joined Links Corner, but all I ever did was download new courses as they came out. I never got involved in the forums back then. If you remember, I even created a golf practice facility with the APCD when it was first released, just to see how it worked. :) :cheers1:

Dan

Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:04 am

The early days here were a blast. Then Links 2003 was released, then came P2P courses, then all hell broke loose for many years after that! :laugh:
I really wish Rehit was still with us. I think he may have found his way back to Links Corner after leaving a few years ago. You would've found him quite entertaining. RIP
aka Viper

5-Card-Major

Post by 5-Card-Major » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:15 pm

Every game I have works fine with Win 10.

What I have noticed after re-installing Links a few days ago, is that it seems I can't find where one can change the angle (less open or closed) of the club head when hitting in-between distance shots... I thought the game used to have that capability.
"It is easier to fool the people than to convince the people they have been fooled." -Mark Twain
"Like most weak men, he prided himself on never changing one's mind." -Wm Somerset Maugham

Kunkleman

Post by Kunkleman » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:29 am

5-Card-Major wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:15 pm
Every game I have works fine with Win 10.

What I have noticed after re-installing Links a few days ago, is that it seems I can't find where one can change the angle (less open or closed) of the club head when hitting in-between distance shots... I thought the game used to have that capability.
Click on "Clubs" then "Set up"