Wade Hampton Golf Club

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Ian Wells

Re: Wade Hampton Golf Club

Post by Ian Wells »

Hi Jim,
Does anyone else think the greens are , boring ?
Yes. I do.

When I first released the course there were some comments stating that some of the pin pins were unplayable. I agreed with those comments and decided to re-design all the greens and, stupidly, decided to make all eighteen pins on each green playable under the the Fc/Fc conditions. This of course makes the greens boring, and I have regretted doing it ever since. :rant:

As gene_golf mentioned I have contacted Strakaline, but they have not surveyed the course.

I am presently working on Peachtree GC and the detail available on Google Earth is such that all the contours on the greens should be close to the real course.
I keep checking on GE to see if their coverage of Wade Hampton has been updated to the same degree but so far it hasn't. As soon as it is, or Strakaline issue green details, I will update the course and reissue.

When Peachtree GC is completed :laugh: , I may well re-redesign the greens on Wade Hampton as I have learned a lot about green contouring and pin placement while working on Peachtree GC.
Thank you for your comments.
Ian
gene_golf

Re: Wade Hampton Golf Club

Post by gene_golf »

Just checked external hard drive and see that have copy of beta that put back into game file. If was designed by using Google Earth probably is close to green elevations. As mentioned before there might be a few suspect pins where have to note worst conditions can be played at or for that matter what might be worst conditions a course can be played at if the course is played a lot by the player. A round can be ruined by running up against a pin position that is impossible to hole out. Strakaline gives the exact elevations of the greens whereas challenging conditions where stimp setting can be up to 18 is bogus. Peach Tree would be a great addition to Links as is a top rated course with credentials such as being in Georgia and having Bobby Jones be a designer like another course in Georgia there as well. https://www.golfdigest.com/story/peachtree-golf-club