Close House Colt Course

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Danny D

Re: Close House Colt Course

Post by Danny D »

Stephen Sullivan wrote: August 13th, 2020, 3:29 pm Last few pictures from APCD before I start trying to tame the greens, and plant some pins. Really worried as some were quite steep with nowhere to really plant anything Mod friendly.
Hi Stephen. Just curious where you got the fairway texture with the diamond shaped mowing stripes? I just created this new one for Coeur last night.

Dan

fwystripes.jpg
fwystripes.jpg (625.75 KiB) Viewed 3501 times
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Stephen Sullivan

Post by Stephen Sullivan »

It was one that McCoist used in Six Mile Lakes. I have saved lots of textures from courses that are unlocked. Always able to reuse rather than create more.
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Stephen Sullivan wrote: August 14th, 2020, 7:21 am It was one that McCoist used in Six Mile Lakes. I have saved lots of textures from courses that are unlocked. Always able to reuse rather than create more.
OK, thanks. Your course is looking good! :thumbup:

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Stephen Sullivan

Cheers Danny. Once I have the greens and pins sorted, I may do a little bit of additional under-planting in the woods, then move on to the driving range building :scared:
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Stephen Sullivan wrote: August 14th, 2020, 3:05 pm Cheers Danny. Once I have the greens and pins sorted, I may do a little bit of additional under-planting in the woods, then move on to the driving range building :scared:
Are you talking about one of those open stalls with a roof over it? There is one of those in the 2001 3D planting set. It looks pretty nice too.
I hear ya on the 3D work. I have TONS of 3D work to do on Coeur. I spent several days creating close to 2000 yards of retaining wall and posts. I placed a post every 4 yards along the entire beach wall. I created a little over 400 posts. :unsure: I need a break. :laugh:

Image1.jpg
Image1.jpg (397.96 KiB) Viewed 3431 times
Completed Courses
Stephen Sullivan

This is why I won't do another real course. May look at the one you suggest. It may do the job :thumbup:
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Stephen,
Your planting looks very natural :tiphat:
I am just starting planting on Peachtree and I am struggling to make it look a little natural.
I know what you and Dan are saying on the 3D work it is very time consuming.
I look forward to playing it when completed.
Ian
Stephen Sullivan

Ian

What I've found helps it to use a test plot with the textures set out as they will be on the course. Then I forest plant the grasses in various densities until I get the look I want. With the trees, I do a little forest planting, then individual planting around the outsides to cut down on seeing to many clones.

Still think I need to do some more under-planting in the woods to "bulk out" the planting. Also not happy with some reeds I've planted in the ponds, so will need to look at redoing that.

I now have the pin planting texture on all the greens and scaled, and a few more verts added to them to allow a bit more customisation. Hoping the pin setting goes smoothly :wallbash:
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Still think I need to do some more under-planting in the woods to "bulk out" the planting. Also not happy with some reeds I've planted in the ponds, so will need to look at redoing that.

I now have the pin planting texture on all the greens and scaled, and a few more verts added to them to allow a bit more customisation. Hoping the pin setting goes smoothly :wallbash:
So we should expect the final version very soon then :whistle:
Ian
Stephen Sullivan

HAHAHAHA

Had a quick scout in Links and noticed an area of heavy rough by the 8th green was not planted as well. Also going to have to sort the greens before I pin them as some are just too steep. May have to slowly watch and pause the flyovers to try and get some rough idea.

May be a while yet, as it still needs hole previews. Would ideally like to get it done before I come off furlough on 1 September :naughty: