Locking a course

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
derricksummers

Re: Locking a course

Post by derricksummers »

:dunno: My principal is that this is a Free Site and everything on it should be the same
A lot of people don't have the know how on how to use, or even the funds to splash out
on a Photo program, Sharing textures can only lead to better courses in the future and
I do agree that members have the right to choose what method they use and I strongly
object to anyone altering someone elses course for thier own benifit
What I did object to was in the past the Pay for view designers were using this site to
promote thier courses and then you had to go to the other site to get hold of them and
to add insult to injury they put a two week time limit on them before we could get them
Like Sage said this is to give members a bit of fun and pleasure to play the courses that
are uploaded and if possible help new designers to get to grips with the APCD
A lot of the locked course have nothing on them worth pinching anyway so lock your course
by all means, it will only be me that don't get to play them ( No big loss )
Derrick
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Touche Derrick........touche......

Could not have said it better myself......

Sage....... :clapping:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
EJ55

Post by EJ55 »

derricksummers wrote: May 6th, 2020, 6:23 pm :dunno: My principal is that this is a Free Site and everything on it should be the same
A lot of people don't have the know how on how to use, or even the funds to splash out
on a Photo program, Sharing textures can only lead to better courses in the future and
I do agree that members have the right to choose what method they use and I strongly
object to anyone altering someone elses course for thier own benifit
What I did object to was in the past the Pay for view designers were using this site to
promote thier courses and then you had to go to the other site to get hold of them and
to add insult to injury they put a two week time limit on them before we could get them
Like Sage said this is to give members a bit of fun and pleasure to play the courses that
are uploaded and if possible help new designers to get to grips with the APCD
A lot of the locked course have nothing on them worth pinching anyway so lock your course
by all means, it will only be me that don't get to play them ( No big loss )
Derrick

Friend, we've seemed to take a strange turn in this thread... Your tone strikes me as a little personal and it seems like you have a number of decade old gripes other than just locking courses.

An artist (not saying a good one) chooses to spend their time learning to create textures (LOTS OF TIME) and refining (their own art) they don't owe it to you or anyone else.

On another note-- Like other designers, I purchased a texture as I have in the past. In you (and your friend's) world, I'm supposed to steal an image (IE texture) from someone and make it freely available?

People have the right to do with what they create, you or no one else owns their work. If someone locks their course , that's okay. It's not yours.
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Hi all,

My intention was not to put anyone down for how they conduct their business......

I just wanted to know why the designers who lock their courses don't want to share their creations.....So you paid for a texture......your choice.

To share or not to share.......

I admire your work EJ55....!!!!! I would love to see how you do things.......oh well

Sage...... :smile:
derricksummers

Post by derricksummers »

EJ55 My remarks were not intended to be personal to any one in particular :oops:
I do have strong feelings about certain things, and I think you have hit the nail
on the head ( I have become a grumpy old man ) :yes: :sad:
I have a very poor memory so I forget how to do things, and when I try to create
something in APCD it always cocks up big time. :wallbash: :scared:
I am now on my own with just my old age pension, so purchacing things can be a
problem, thats why I rely on the good will of others to help me out. When I do things
I try to be to perfect. I remember an interview were the person said ( When I do a
job I do it to the best of my ability, and I also try to do it better than anyone else )
Thats me in a nutshell :unsure: :surrender:
When I wright something it never seems to come out right and it offends people
As from now I have decided to make this my last post on any subject, and I will
just plod on in my own little world and enjoy playing Links, and a bit of designing
Take care everyone
Derrick :notworthy:
EJ55

Post by EJ55 »

Thank you for sharing Derrick, I'd urge you to keep active playing & posting as you do help others. I was just pointing out the conversation seemed to be taking a different road.

I'll take that into account in any future discussion. I'm able to identify, I've gotten much better but have struggled with putting my feelings to words all my life and it's put me in some situations online in the past that I'd change if I could. My memory is fair but I do believe my past drug and alcohol abuse has taken it's toll a little on that too. I'm happy to say I've been clean seven years.

I do hope that your finances improve in the future. Things are high, as my wife and I were out yesterday she asked about gas prices being down and I noted, you ever notice prices of other things go up when gas goes up but they don't come down to reflect current prices?

Regarding APCD, I'm not able to share anything that hasn't been tried or discussed in Lez video's. I do have an idea or two of something different on my current course but I'm a slow worker and and life matters keep free time to a minimum.

I'll be certain to publish anything different should something different work.

Thanks and God Bless!
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

I have been trying to remain on the sidelines regarding this subject because it is so subjective, however ….

The Links Corner forum allows a free and varied airing of the members thoughts, it also provides a place to ask specific questions covering all things non-religious and non-political. (For that rule I am very grateful.)

This site is free and all the courses that designers upload to the site are also free. I would guess that all designers offer their courses in the hope that fellow members will play and enjoy the fruits of their endeavors. For the members that only play this great game, that is all they ask.

From an APCD viewpoint, some designers choose not to provide access to their courses for other designers, and that, to my mind, should be respected. The fact that a designer is willing to spend hundreds, even a thousand, APCD hours to produce a course that they make freely available for the members to enjoy earns them that right. The reason for their decision is of no concern to anybody else. Although I can understand Sages curiosity. (Sage, excuse my curiosity, but how you can upload so many high quality courses in so short a time? Perhaps that is a good subject for a tutorial from you – during your free time. :laugh: )

While working on Wade Hampton GC, I was having difficulty with the transition from the tees to the cart paths, and asked my fellow members if they could help me. As usual I received many helpful replies, one of which was from Eddie. He suggested what he thought I could do and he sent me a section of one of his courses to illustrate his point. For a well respected designer to spend time helping a novice says a lot about the forum and even more about Eddie.

This forum provides a wonderful platform for all it's members to seek the advice of their fellow members over all kinds of subjects. I for one have asked many times for help, and I have always received that help.

In essence, what I am saying is that a designer doesn't have to give access to his design in order to help. We just have to ask.

To Derrick, please continue to provide your help to me and other members, as you have done over the years. :thumbup:

Ian
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

I just wanted a logical answer to my question.......didn't get one.....Done. Satisfied with all that was said.

Sage.......
Mr Mulligan

Post by Mr Mulligan »

sagevanni wrote: May 7th, 2020, 6:01 pm I just wanted a logical answer to my question.......didn't get one.....Done. Satisfied with all that was said.

Sage.......
:thumbup:
Well said Sage! In fact, well said by everyone in this thread except.....
please reconsider Derrick and keep posting, ok? You are a well liked
and respected member of this community!
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

I have a firm opinion on this but think I'll stay out of it. :laugh:
For all the old golf games visit:
Golf Sim Clubhouse