Almost Perfect Greens using Contour Maps...

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
Danny D

Re: Almost Perfect Greens using Contour Maps...

Post by Danny D »

pmgolf wrote: April 21st, 2020, 3:10 pm I bought the yardage guide book and the greens book (I posted a picture of both in an earlier post in this thread). By all means, get the Greens Book. Everything you get in the yardage book is available plus more in Google Earth, and the yardage book was missing key pieces of fairways and creek areas in the yardage book - plus it was $47. It shows some elevations, but Google Earth shows a lot more.

Pete
So Pete, how much does it cost to just get the green contour maps?

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

$97 for the Greens book. But maybe less... When I talked to the guy at Straka I told him that we are a large group and what could he do if we ordered 4 or 5 books? He said maybe he could throw a free course in the mix! If we could pool an order, we could all take a piece of the savings. 4 courses plus a free one: $400 (or so). 5 people pay about $80 each. I have Kingsmill (in VA) on my wish list. Maybe some others would like to get in on it.

Pete
EJ55

Post by EJ55 »

I ended up purchasing the Pinehurst #8 $50 option from Greenslopes.. I'll be glad to post a scan if anyone has any questions on it.
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Yes, EJ55, please post details on what you get in the Greenslope books. They have several really good Virginia courses including one that I was a member at for 15 years, and was the last professional win of Arnold Palmer. It's been 20 years since I last played it, and I remember some of the breaks in the greens, but to properly do the course I would need more info about the greens. Greenslope is the only place that has it. Thanks!

Pete