Wahat Al Sahraa

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
FOOOOORE!

Re: Wahat Al Sahraa

Post by FOOOOORE! »

Hi Steve, looks pretty good to me. The only thing I'll mention, if it doesn't sound too snivelly, is the palms right in front of the tee on 10 seem a bit over-enthusiastic. You either have to hit a mid-iron over them or some incredible draw around them. A drive straight ahead will likely hit them.
Stephen Sullivan

Post by Stephen Sullivan »

I will have a look at that. The computer testers didn't seem to have an issue, but that doesn't mean it isn't.
Pete

Post by Pete »

Lovely work, agree with comment about the 10th though
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Number 10 is only 402 from the back tees, so the ideal club to tee off is probably the 5 wood, but I can see how you might get complaints about where the tee is. Even moving it right behind the blue tees would still require caution for those considering driver or 3 wood, but the chances for success are much improved. Very nice course! :clapping:

Pete
Stephen Sullivan

The 10th is taken care of :thumbup:

I've also widened the landing area of the 14th slightly to hopefully make it a tiny bit easier :naughty:

The Logo and flag are done and added to the course. I've also planted crowds, and I'm now at work on the hole previews.

I did have a PM about the greens being a bit too large, but I want them to be playable on the higher speeds, ao you might need a bit of room :whistle:
Stephen Sullivan

While looking at 10, I noticed a strange anomaly with the tee yardages. On the tee planting page the middle tee shows as 415 yards, but in Links and in the Course Properties in APCD it shows as 440 yards, which is longer than the Back Tee, but it was clearly in front of that position.

I've replanted the tees and all looks good in APCD, but I will add the amended version to Links to check the Scorecard agrees :dunno:
Pete

Post by Pete »

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
BruMu

Post by BruMu »

I had no problem at all getting over the trees on the 10th with a default 3W from the back tees. I thought it was well planned with the trees there.

Not every tee shot is clear and easy. :smile:
These are the Good Ole Days, just wait and see.
Stephen Sullivan

I've put a few trees back in, and if I move right on the tee box, I can hit my default 2 Wood over the top. A well hit one left me an 8 iron into the green :thumbup:
Stephen Sullivan

Fairly simple Hole Preview. Does anyone need more information?
Hole Preview 1.jpg
Hole Preview 1.jpg (57.46 KiB) Viewed 4119 times