The mouse swing (All golf games)

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.
Still Linksing

Re: The mouse swing (All golf games)

Post by Still Linksing »

Fatmouth Jones wrote: February 26th, 2020, 10:05 pm There's many ways to change the effect of a RTS. Even different mousepads effect it. Try not using a mousepad. Watching the mouse as you pull it back, dont watch it,whatever
This is an element I really like about PGA 2000. I found it's best to watch the golfer. I watch the golfer backswing and once I think the golfer has taken a full backswing, I then change to release. It feels realistic. If you get "everything" right, you will execute a perfect shot. You totally get what you deserve with the swing.

I'll be playing PGA 2000 quite a bit from here on. I'm hoping I don't find too many things I don't like about it as the game has great potential to be a game I could play for many years to come. Quickly took a look at some of the good user courses, I could certainly live with the graphics, the courses looked great imo. As I click in Links, I could play the two together without messing up my timing.
For all the old golf games visit:
Golf Sim Clubhouse
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

You can also watch the golfer while you swing with Links, using RTS. Where it gets difficult is with putting and chipping, which takes a bit longer to get used to. What I like best, though, is making a partial swing while watching the golfer. I do all the setup - loft, fade/draw, aim, and then watch the swing. It makes me feel so connected to the action!

Pete
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Hey ....,

Which PGA 2000 game are you talking about...?????? Can you show the cover of the case for the game so I know which one.....

Thanks.......Sage..... :smile:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

pmgolf wrote: February 27th, 2020, 12:02 pm You can also watch the golfer while you swing with Links, using RTS. Where it gets difficult is with putting and chipping, which takes a bit longer to get used to. What I like best, though, is making a partial swing while watching the golfer. I do all the setup - loft, fade/draw, aim, and then watch the swing. It makes me feel so connected to the action!

Pete
Pete,
I might give it a try but don’t know I could ever use the mouse swing in Links. Links to me is click, it’s almost a sacred or traditional thing I’ve been doing it so long in this game. Not sure my head could accept playing Links and not clicking! :laugh:

Sage,
Below link has all the box shots. It’s available on their forum but only one CD I think so might be missing courses or something. I can upload you my original discs and I also scanned my manual which is comprehensive and don’t think available anywhere. Just let me know. :thumbup:
PGA 2000 has issues on Win 10 but runs on any other operating system.

https://www.amazon.com/PGA-Championship ... B00004RJXQ
Golf Sim Clubhouse
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Hey ....,

I would love to have the game.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and manual........

Let me know when you are ready to transfer the files.......

Sage...... :smile: :smile: :smile:
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

sagevanni wrote: February 27th, 2020, 5:37 pm Hey ....,

I would love to have the game.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and manual........

Let me know when you are ready to transfer the files.......

Sage...... :smile: :smile: :smile:
No worries Sage. I’m at work so give me 12-18 hours. I’ll put in the official patch you need as well for bug fixes. :thumbup:
Golf Sim Clubhouse
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Thanks ............it's 7:00pm here.......I'll see you tomorrow...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sage...... :smile: :smile:
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Still Linksing wrote: February 27th, 2020, 5:33 pm
pmgolf wrote: February 27th, 2020, 12:02 pm You can also watch the golfer while you swing with Links, using RTS. Where it gets difficult is with putting and chipping, which takes a bit longer to get used to. What I like best, though, is making a partial swing while watching the golfer. I do all the setup - loft, fade/draw, aim, and then watch the swing. It makes me feel so connected to the action!

Pete
Pete,
I might give it a try but don’t know I could ever use the mouse swing in Links. Links to me is click, it’s almost a sacred or traditional thing I’ve been doing it so long in this game. Not sure my head could accept playing Links and not clicking!
Yes, Links was click for me, too. I used it exclusively for about 15 years. But then one day I tried RTS and liked how it made me feel more involved in the game. I took down all my charts, tossed them in the can, and started watching the golfer animation swing. It required a mindset change where I no longer expected to have 10 or more birdies and instead had 5 or 6 more realistic ones. Here is a secret I uncovered that made the game a lot more fun for me:

Fade and Draw:

Clickers have Fade and Draw available but RTSers are supposed to make some magical mouse movement that I find impossible. This fixes it.

A) Load up your favorite RTS golfer and go into either a practice session or a round.

B) Change the swing type to "click". (Game screen bottom menu, "Shot Options", "Swing Options")

C) Go to Shot Setup. (Right click on the swing icon - choose "Setup")

Uncheck the "This shot only" check mark box.

Choose a Driver to start with.

1. Select "Fade" and notate where the sliders have moved to.

2. Choose "Flop" and reset the sliders to the "Fade" selections. (Also adjust Trajectory to 2 clicks down for Driver and 4 clicks down for all others)

3. Do the same with "Draw" and reset the sliders for "Punch". (Also adjust Trajectory to 2 clicks down for Driver and 4 clicks down for all others)

4. Change to the next club.

5. Repeat steps 1 thru 4 for all your clubs.

D) Click the "Shot Setup" OK button.

Once back in the game, change the swing type to "RTS". (Game screen bottom menu, "Shot Options", "Swing Options")

If it didn't work, the "This Shot Only" box was probably NOT unchecked. (It makes the change permanent)

High trajectories create more fade and lower trajectories a more violent draw. To aim the Driver, pick a spot 250 yards out and fade away from or draw away from that spot. To pass settings to other named players, "Clone" the one you set up to a new golfer. The settings will pass along.

Wind affects the amount of Fade and Draw. Note: sometimes the "sweet spot" club contact with the ball will affect the amount of Fade/Draw.

TRAJECTORY should be 2 clicks down from the top for Driver and 4 clicks down for other woods and irons.

Swing Plane: -------------------------------- Club Face settings:
Fade: -2 for woods and -3 for irons // +2 for woods and +3 for irons
Draw: +2 for woods and +3 for Irons // -2 for woods and -3 for irons
Irons: Reduce settings to -2 or +2 to reduce severity of Fade/Draw

This should make the game much more enjoyable and realistic for RTSers

Pete