Our Friends from Down Under...

Enough of the golf talk! Use this forum for other topics but no religion or politics.
Still Linksing

Re: Our Friends from Down Under...

Post by Still Linksing »

Danny D wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:41 am
Still Linksing wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:42 pm
Won't get into posting any views on religion but should be possible to make mention here as this stuff is getting in the media big time.
We have a very religious rugby player here who is very much against many things (same sex marriage etc) and been in the media for a long time now due to his very outspoken views. His views have certainly created great controversy. He claims the fires are the wrath of god because Australians do not get on their knees and pray.

Vegans have claimed the fires are the wrath of god because Australians eat too much meat.

I should also point out, Australia is dry, hot, windy, with plenty of bush land and it doesn't take much for a fire to start. When it does, it takes a lot to stop it. It's been like this for millions of years, before man even existed.

Make of this stuff what you will.
I researched the Wombat sharing story, and it's been deemed as fake. They have created many large burrows and other animals have naturally sought shelter in them to save themselves. The Wombats are not considered friendly to other species, and would not naturally invite other animals in to join them, but under the circumstances, they would reluctantly tolerate them. They have miles and miles of old empty burrows that served as shelter for others during the fires.

The rain will be good.

Dan
Had my doubts on that one but my partner was very convinced.
Social media is filled with so much BS it’s pretty much a case of every time you read something, you then immediately need to research and verify. lol
aka Viper

Slattery

Post by Slattery »

Still Linksing,

What a small world. My guess is that photo you just shared was taken on Clyde Road, Berwick above the Monash Freeway (M1) looking east. I live 5 minutes from there off Grices Road :smile:

Most of the fires are out now or under control thanks to a fair bit of rain, with more expected today. Parts of Melbourne where smashed by golf ball size hail stones yesterday. Here is a link to a video.

https://www.news.com.au/technology/envi ... c31d0217cd

Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

Slattery wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:59 pm
Still Linksing,

What a small world. My guess is that photo you just shared was taken on Clyde Road, Berwick above the Monash Freeway (M1) looking east. I live 5 minutes from there off Grices Road :smile:
Crikey! Yes, you are spot on.
I’ll send you a PM in the next day or two when I’m at home on the PC.
aka Viper