Our Friends from Down Under...

Enough of the golf talk! Use this forum for other topics but no religion or politics.
Danny D

Our Friends from Down Under...

Post by Danny D »

Hi group...

Haven't heard much about the fires from our friends in Australia. How is everyone down that way? Is everyone safe?

I don't take much stock in a lot of what Alex Jones talks about. I'm not a follower of his, but can any of you confirm if this is true? The story coming out is that those fires are arson. Can anyone shed some light on whats really happening? :unsure:

Concerned.

https://summit.news/2020/01/06/nearly-2 ... bushfires/

Still Linksing

Re: Our Friends from Down Under...

Post by Still Linksing »

So many fires here that arson is certainly one of the main causes.

We have these climate protestors that have been causing problems for months now. Trying to cause as much public mayhem as possible with no regard for anyone and refusing to work with authorities.
Friday the temps go up here again and it's a big fire danger day. The protestors plan a major disruption pulling exhausted resources from the bush fires. When the protest organizer was questioned about their complete lack of thought for what is happening in the country and the resources they will be pulling away, she said they don't need any resources there to look after them. These people got to leave fairyland and get a job!
From what I saw published, Australia is the cause of under 1.5% of global emissions. Maybe if they got a job they could afford a plane ticket and go protest in China if they were serious about their cause. Don't know what they expect to achieve here. lol
aka Viper

Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Still Linksing wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:27 pm

We have these climate protestors that have been causing problems for months now. Trying to cause as much public mayhem as possible with no regard for anyone and refusing to work with authorities.
Friday the temps go up here again and it's a big fire danger day. The protestors plan a major disruption pulling exhausted resources from the bush fires. When the protest organizer was questioned about their complete lack of thought for what is happening in the country and the resources they will be pulling away, she said they don't need any resources there to look after them. These people got to leave fairyland and get a job!
From what I saw published, Australia is the cause of under 1.5% of global emissions. Maybe if they got a job they could afford a plane ticket and go protest in China if they were serious about their cause. Don't know what they expect to achieve here. lol
Glad you're OK. Thanks for the update Viper. Stay safe.

Kunkleman

Post by Kunkleman »

Still Linksing wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:27 pm

The organizers don't need a job----they are paid by George Soros to create chaos anywhere there is capitalism. Then their college professors feed it all.

Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy »

Please keep politics out of the discussion as requested in the forum description.
I started off with nothing and I still have most of it left!

Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

Here's a pic I took today. Crossing a bridge with the freeway/motorway underneath. It's supposed to be a clear day with a top temp of 29 C/84 F.
This location is a 3-4 hour drive from the nearest fires. Air quality today is being issued as bad to hazardous with recommendations to stay indoors.
I was in this all last night working and will be in it again tonight.

Regarding the arson stats, found they include people who have thrown a cigarette out of a car window or a tradesman using a power tool that sparked. The figures are a little skewed but work better this way for the media who can dramatize things a little more by stating everything is arson.
111.jpg
111.jpg (263.79 KiB) Viewed 528 times
aka Viper

Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Still Linksing wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:18 am
Here's a pic I took today. Crossing a bridge with the freeway/motorway underneath. It's supposed to be a clear day with a top temp of 29 C/84 F.
This location is a 3-4 hour drive from the nearest fires. Air quality today is being issued as bad to hazardous with recommendations to stay indoors.
I was in this all last night working and will be in it again tonight.

Regarding the arson stats, found they include people who have thrown a cigarette out of a car window or a tradesman using a power tool that sparked. The figures are a little skewed but work better this way for the media who can dramatize things a little more by stating everything is arson.

111.jpg
Thanks for the update Viper. I keep seeing the news reports and the stories about how many animals have died in the fires. That is truly a sad thing for those poor animals. It actually brought a tear to my eye to think about it. They will have even more problems with feeding themselves in the days to come... :sad:

Maybe you should wear a face mask for a while to keep from breathing so much of that air in.

Dan

Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

It’s 4am here, working, air quality is better tonight. I originally typed much better but just sitting in the truck after I posted and looking around, edited it because it is still pretty bad but not as bad as last night. Expecting rain in the next few days so that should kill all the smoke and put an end to many of the fires.
Yes, one report I heard there were 25,000 Koalas alone killed. Total animals killed can’t remember but it was a horrendous number.

One good thing my work partner apparently read, wombats were actively trying to get other animals in their burrows to save them. Not sure if this is true or not, seems too incredible but if it’s true, well, call me a big wombat fan now.

Edit: my partner said the animals killed was something like 4.8 billion.
aka Viper

Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

Won't get into posting any views on religion but should be possible to make mention here as this stuff is getting in the media big time.
We have a very religious rugby player here who is very much against many things (same sex marriage etc) and been in the media for a long time now due to his very outspoken views. His views have certainly created great controversy. He claims the fires are the wrath of god because Australians do not get on their knees and pray.

Vegans have claimed the fires are the wrath of god because Australians eat too much meat.

I should also point out, Australia is dry, hot, windy, with plenty of bush land and it doesn't take much for a fire to start. When it does, it takes a lot to stop it. It's been like this for millions of years, before man even existed.

Make of this stuff what you will.
aka Viper

Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Still Linksing wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:42 pm
Won't get into posting any views on religion but should be possible to make mention here as this stuff is getting in the media big time.
We have a very religious rugby player here who is very much against many things (same sex marriage etc) and been in the media for a long time now due to his very outspoken views. His views have certainly created great controversy. He claims the fires are the wrath of god because Australians do not get on their knees and pray.

Vegans have claimed the fires are the wrath of god because Australians eat too much meat.

I should also point out, Australia is dry, hot, windy, with plenty of bush land and it doesn't take much for a fire to start. When it does, it takes a lot to stop it. It's been like this for millions of years, before man even existed.

Make of this stuff what you will.
I researched the Wombat sharing story, and it's been deemed as fake. They have created many large burrows and other animals have naturally sought shelter in them to save themselves. The Wombats are not considered friendly to other species, and would not naturally invite other animals in to join them, but under the circumstances, they would reluctantly tolerate them. They have miles and miles of old empty burrows that served as shelter for others during the fires.

The rain will be good.

Dan