Looking at downloading the full game from links CC I've got a question

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.
Lyleman222

Re: Looking at downloading the full game from links CC I've got a question

Post by Lyleman222 »

I've not had much success with that unless I'm not running it correctly?
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

From what I've read over recent years, more people have had good luck when they found an older computer - mostly desktops - with Windows 7, or at worst Windows 10, and a dedicated graphics card. Links is an older game, created before these new, fast computers, and Microsoft doesn't seem satisfied with letting it's users run legacy programs.

Yes, there are some lucky, unique individuals that haven't had any trouble running Links. This guy is having trouble. It doesn't help him to know how easy it was for you to run Links unless you had to take extraordinary steps to make it happen.

Pete
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

pmgolf wrote: March 25th, 2024, 11:23 am From what I've read over recent years, more people have had good luck when they found an older computer - mostly desktops - with Windows 7, or at worst Windows 10, and a dedicated graphics card. Links is an older game, created before these new, fast computers, and Microsoft doesn't seem satisfied with letting it's users run legacy programs.

Yes, there are some lucky, unique individuals that haven't had any trouble running Links. This guy is having trouble. It doesn't help him to know how easy it was for you to run Links unless you had to take extraordinary steps to make it happen.

Pete
I never considered myself lucky or unique. I'll take that as a compliment, regardless of how it was meant.

Dave
No matter where you go, there you are.
Lyleman222

Post by Lyleman222 »

Sorry for causing friction