A Not So Subtle Tease......

Discuss Golfer Animations, Clothing, Clubs, MOP's, Soundscripts, Seasons, Rosters and all Career Mode related plus any External Programs here.
Big Sexy JC

A Not So Subtle Tease......

Post by Big Sexy JC »

Let's just say I got the Maya exporter and got it working like a champ. I'm super excited to see what comes of this. More to come on what this means but wanted to share the good news.
Attachments
Maya 5.0_ B__Office 2 Backup_Storage Drive_Game Download Files_Old PC Games_Sports_Golf_Links Stuff_Links 2003_Animaster Tools_Maya Players_Maya Players_sergio_bound.ma   ---   RimLight_t... 2_13_2024 3_18_34 PM-1.png
Maya 5.0_ B__Office 2 Backup_Storage Drive_Game Download Files_Old PC Games_Sports_Golf_Links Stuff_Links 2003_Animaster Tools_Maya Players_Maya Players_sergio_bound.ma --- RimLight_t... 2_13_2024 3_18_34 PM-1.png (281.79 KiB) Viewed 812 times
fiver

Re: A Not So Subtle Tease......

Post by fiver »

BSJC,
Your the man! :cheers1:
Guitarzan

Post by Guitarzan »

Woohoo!! :thumbup: :notworthy:
Big Sexy JC

Post by Big Sexy JC »

I officially have the Maya file exporter and I already mentioned I have the archiver. Those are the utilities that were used by the original Animasters. I'm certainly not a Maya expert, but I'm learning quickly. Below are pics of some body changes I was able to make on my Keegan Bradley ani. I realize Keegan doesn't have that build, but the point is that I was able to greatly increase the belly and ass of the mesh.

I have some goals with this. Obviously more body types for anis is one of those, but I also plan on making an ani that has long sleeves and possibly some longer hair (think Aaron Baddeley). I'm also planning on experimenting with different hat types such as a bucket hat and even a visor on what would typically be the S01 hat anis. I should also be able to shape golf clubs such as different putter models, etc.

I also think this will eventually open the door up to making custom anis for the folks here at Links Corner. I'm not quite ready for that yet, but that's definitely a possibility down the road. I'll keep sharing as I figure things out.
Attachments
Links 2003 2_14_2024 8_30_59 PM.png
Links 2003 2_14_2024 8_30_59 PM.png (2.71 MiB) Viewed 730 times
Links 2003 2_14_2024 8_30_52 PM.png
Links 2003 2_14_2024 8_30_52 PM.png (2.71 MiB) Viewed 730 times
Maya 5.0_ C__Users_jclym_Documents_maya_projects_default_scenes_bigbelly.ma 2_14_2024 8_05_02 PM.png
Maya 5.0_ C__Users_jclym_Documents_maya_projects_default_scenes_bigbelly.ma 2_14_2024 8_05_02 PM.png (250.03 KiB) Viewed 730 times
Big Sexy JC

Post by Big Sexy JC »

Just checking in with some updates. Below is an image of Matt Kuchar standing next to Lee Trevino. I took screenshots of each in Links and then cropped them in my graphics software so they are standing next to each other. I used Maya to shrink down the 5'7" Trevino and lengthen the 6'4" Kuchar. There's no illusions or funny stuff going on here. This is the height difference that now shows up in the game.

Then the other picture is a side-by-side of Jason Dufner in real life with my custom body type Jason Dufner ani. This one impressed me. I mean I think that's pretty damn close. Dufner's body was also done using Maya.
Attachments
Dufner.png
Dufner.png (310.61 KiB) Viewed 650 times
Kuch-Trevino.png
Kuch-Trevino.png (75.33 KiB) Viewed 650 times
Guitarzan

Post by Guitarzan »

Cool! :thumbup: :thumbup:
Weeler

Post by Weeler »

BSJC,

I should also be able to shape golf clubs such as different putter models, etc.

So does this mean you may be able to reshape / resize 3 and 5 wood head sizes to not be the same as the driver ? ( Something I've thought for the longest time would add a LOT to the realism of playing the game ), and that I've mentioned to you previously. So far, you have gained access to a huge amount of ANI design code, etc. that seemed impossible to access before. As was mentioned earlier.....you ARE the man !! :clapping:

Ron
Big Sexy JC

Post by Big Sexy JC »

Ron,

Unfortunately the Driver/3Wood issue is inherit in the game. The game uses 3 files for the clubs and their shape. Putter.skl, Iron.skl and Driver.skl. All irons use the Iron.skl and all woods use the Driver.skl.

Now I have access to those .MA files so I can change the shape of drivers, irons and putters, but I can't resolve the issue that the game only uses those 3 files to represent an entire bag of clubs. I could create a 3Wood.MA file for example and map it to the driver, but then the driver would show up as the 3Wood. I don't think there is a way to add an assortment of clubs without having the code for the game.
Big Sexy JC

Post by Big Sexy JC »

Doing some testing on some face reshaping and this is my version of Hideki Matsuyama. I'm not an artist by any stretch and until this attempt, I've never sculpted a face in any way, shape or form, but I like how it turned out. Also changed his body type to match what he looks like in real life. I've got some players with interesting hair coming up on my list so I'll see how that goes. I'm hoping to make beards, long hair, curly hair, etc. show up more realistic in the game. I feel like this Maya stuff has opened Pandora's box though. I feel like I have to start over with every damn golfer I've made to make them look better.
Attachments
Matsuyama.png
Matsuyama.png (958.42 KiB) Viewed 519 times
Guitarzan

Post by Guitarzan »

:clapping: :notworthy: :thumbup: :cheers1: