Mauna Kea Golf Course 2024

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Colin Jones

Mauna Kea Golf Course 2024

Post by Colin Jones »

Hi all

Mauna Kea Golf Course, built on a 3M Linkster DEM, will be released this weekend. Just tidying up some minor details and waiting for any extra info from the beta-testers.

The release notes are attached and it includes a few screenshots, if you're interested.

Retro Note: Pro-Tips are back!! :clapping:

MKSplash3dem.jpg
MKSplash3dem.jpg (118.33 KiB) Viewed 1634 times
MK 2024 release notes.pdf
(3.8 MiB) Downloaded 112 times
Completed: Golf Club of Houston (Redstone); Banff Springs; Mauna Kea 2024
Working on: Royal Sydney (2024); NSW Golf Club (2024)
bear2016

Re: Mauna Kea Golf Course 2024

Post by bear2016 »

Can't wait to play it!
Pete

Post by Pete »

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Colin Jones

Post by Colin Jones »

MK has been uploaded, so I am sure it will be available soon.

For those who intend to use the Pro-Tips audio file (which is part of the download), make sure you save the .CRZ file into the Courses folder first and then add the .TIP file. You might also need to re-establish a "connection" between the 2 files. If Pro-Tips does not work, simply rename the TIP (ie just change a letter) and then change it back to the original name (which is the same name as the CRZ).

C.
Last edited by Colin Jones on January 11th, 2024, 7:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Completed: Golf Club of Houston (Redstone); Banff Springs; Mauna Kea 2024
Working on: Royal Sydney (2024); NSW Golf Club (2024)
Big Sexy JC

Post by Big Sexy JC »

Colin,

No comments on the course, as I haven't had a chance to play it yet. I was super excited to see the foursome of Day, Smith, Finau and Woods of my anis though. It's always great to know that I haven't spent the last year of my life making animations that only I'm using :rofl: . I'm sure MK will be great as your work is always top notch. As always, thanks for the effort.
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

I play-tested Mauna Kea and I already know how great this version is. Thanks for giving me the chance to play one of my favorite courses again!

Pete
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Colin,
This course rendition is absolutely magnificent. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Ian
Pete

Post by Pete »

Beautiful work, many thanks
MrT

Post by MrT »

Mahalo nui loa!

Played at 13.5 Stimp... very nice... greens have a realistic feeling... Makemake au i kēia papa kolepa (I like this golf course). Hole 3 now it is actually possible to stop the ball on the green which was nearly impossible with the old original version playing on very fast greens.

Probably in Hawai'i, fast greens are a little bit slower than at other places, but I have been playing this game at very fast settings only for a while and this really felt realistic. Too bad the game cannot send the breeze from the Ocean. It has been a while since I was on the Big Island... but thank you for this offering.
ChuckH

Post by ChuckH »

Great course rendition. :notworthy: