Black Rock, The Golf Club at

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Ian Wells

Black Rock, The Golf Club at

Post by Ian Wells »

I have just requested Andy to add a Beta version of The Golf Club at Black Rock to the course database.

The Golf Club at Black Rock was designed by Jim Engh and built in 2003 in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, United States of America. The course is a private course with a par of 72 with the black tees stretching 7130 yards.

To quote Bill Satterfield who wrote the following in his review of the course for Golf Course Guros:

“.. what should you "expect" when visiting Black Rock? Expect to take your ball on an 18 hole "roller coaster ride" and have an experience rivaled by few courses in the country.”

I hope you find playing this APCD rendition of the course, equally as enjoyable.

I will appreciate all and any thoughts and respond to each one.

Ian Wells

Acknowledgements:

Jim Engh for his design.
Linkster for providing the DEM download.
Adelade, Weeler and Chuck H for their pre-Beta checking
Lez Marwick and/or McCoist for supplying the majority of grass textures used (I am responsible for changing the texture tones)
Lez Marwick for the invaluable video tutorial.
Daniel for his trees and plants (the vast majority of trees are newly purchased.)
The Club at Black Rock (Coeur d'Alene, Idaho) | GolfCourseGurus
Sketchup Textures, free textures library for 3D CG artists (sketchuptextureclub.com) for providing the textures that I used which didn't come from Lez's package.

References:

Golf - The Golf Club At Black Rock (blackrockidaho.com)

Photographs | GolfCourseGurus

The Golf Club at Black Rock — Jimmie's Top 100 Golf Course Tour (jimmiestop100golfcoursetour.com)
Pete

Re: Black Rock, The Golf Club at

Post by Pete »

Beautiful work Ian looks like a final (can't wait for that) but did come up as insecure download on my computer, only played 1 round but will play more
regards & many thanks for your efforts Pete
AGLZZ

Post by AGLZZ »

As Always A beautiful course. Nice elevation changes and especially liked the twin waterfalls. Thank you for all your work on all of your course
Don
ChuckH

Post by ChuckH »

Amazing rendition of an amazing real course. Highlight is signiture hole 11 but so many wonderful holes. I think Ian has outdone his already high standards. Bravo.
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Pete wrote: January 3rd, 2024, 7:21 pm Beautiful work Ian looks like a final (can't wait for that) but did come up as insecure download on my computer, only played 1 round but will play more
regards & many thanks for your efforts Pete
I'm wondering who it is that is saying the download is insecure. I have a feeling it's Microsoft, and they act like they are the ones that own your PC (my opinion, but an opinion with justification). They're not saying the download is bad necessarily - they just don't approve of it. Spend some money buying one of their anti-virus products and I bet they'll approve of your download next time! :smile:

Pete
migolfer

Post by migolfer »

Ian, did you check the README PDF file? It has 206 pages, all but the first has a bunch of binary gibberish. Something must have happened when you exported that file? (or however you authored it)
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

At what point does it say "insecure download"? I never saw it. Perhaps it's browser-dependent?
No matter where you go, there you are.
Weeler

Post by Weeler »

I agree with all the above comments. Very nicely done, Ian ! Great textures and colors . I see that the lake surface has changed for the better since my Beta look, and rocks and waterfalls as well. Great rendition !! Definitely a keeper for me. :notworthy:
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Gentlemen,
Thank you for your positive comments.
Migolfer,
If I had attended university, I would have read gibberish, and whats more, I would have graduated with honours. :smile:
( I promise I will double check the readme on the final release.)\
Once again, thank you.
Ian
Pete

Post by Pete »

To GoBucks soon as i press download it says at top right of screen insecure download with a keep option which i did, didn't notice it first time & wondered where the file had gone
Pete