Panorama - need help

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
Colin Jones

Panorama - need help

Post by Colin Jones »

Now that Pano-Master Daniel is in retirement...................

I must be doing something wrong. The panorama that I have (which I extracted from a previous version of my course) loads up and displays in the game OK. I have changed the height and re-imported it and that all seems fine too, when I play the course in Links.

But I can't seem to get the pano to display in the APCD and when I use the direction slider, it moves ok in the APCD, but then doesn't change the position of the pano in the actual game.

I feel like I must be making some type of rookie-error from a rookie-pano maker. Does this problem seem familiar to anyone?
Completed: Golf Club of Houston (Redstone); Banff Springs; Mauna Kea 2024
Working on: Royal Sydney (2024); NSW Golf Club (2024)
Ian Wells

Re: Panorama - need help

Post by Ian Wells »

Colin

This is a screen shot from Art Patscheck write up:
Panorama Text.jpg
Panorama Text.jpg (84.58 KiB) Viewed 724 times
Good luck, :cheers1:

Ian
Colin Jones

Post by Colin Jones »

Aaahhhh!

Thanks Ian :clapping:
gator

Post by gator »

Colin,

There was a pano tool that Noel Kilner created, along with a few other tools, that were included in the "AUS XPak designers" package 15 or more years ago. A few years back, I took the liberty of making png files out of the gif files (both are included) as well as created a widescreen version of the splash tool for my personal use. The pano tool may provide some assistance to you.

The AUS Xpak tools folder can be downloaded here - https://we.tl/t-W3NRYZpFSh. The download link is good for 7 days.

Leo
Colin Jones

Post by Colin Jones »

Thanks Gator - I have that pack but didn't realize the tool was in there. I will use it.

Panoramas are the last frontier for me. I think my APCD education is just about complete now.

Do I get a certificate?

Colin
Lez Marwick

Post by Lez Marwick »

Sad to hear that Daniel is in retirement now.... I'm sure he will be missed. He was such a fantastic help to so many designers and players, not only providing panos, 2D objects, custom skies, and other graphical contributions, but a lot of technical help as well, when people had difficulties. :clapping:
my APCD designs - Ackerton Cross, Anakena Beach, Battley Peak, Elsham Woods, Fairview GC, Margaret's Bay, Masson Moor GC, Mowsbury Golf Club, The Dustin Trophy, Upham Hall Golf Club, Yarlswood Golf Club, Zeitsbergen