Sage

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.
Duck Hook

Re: Sage

Post by Duck Hook »

Hey mate

It saddens me to hear that you are unwell, but am relieved to hear you are in good spirits.
Is a kidney transplant an option? Or is dialysis the only option going forward?

Good luck with everything!
:cheers1:
T
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Sage-our prayers for a speedy recovery...and a Merry Christmas!
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Thanks everyone, I am truly touched by your thoughtfulness. :smile:

Todd, those 2 options are all I am aware of. A transplant in Germany takes 5-7 years to have both the recipient and donor go through screening to make a good match. Not the best option. That is the waiting part.

I'm getting trained on home kidney dialysis. 4 changes a day for 3-7 years and then after that full blown dialysis for ever.

Yeah, no point in being alive and being "woe is me" . I am alive and I choose "happy".

Thanks Todd..........

Sage........ :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

5 - 7 years for a transplant, that is terrible.
A mate of my brother here picked up some type of blood disease from long term diesel fuel exposure. They tried a few treatments that didn't work, last chance was a bone marrow transplant otherwise he was terminal. They found a match with a bloke from England and performed the transplant in something like 8 months and so far, it has been successful and he is recovering.
Obviously, I know SFA about organ transplants and the screening procedures for each and patient priority would be a factor but damn, 5 -7 years seems way too long... :dunno:
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

The reason for the long time frame is donor/patient compatibility. They have make sure the match is the BEST possible and the donor has no existing disease that could be pasted on. Some diseases stay dormant for some time. Passing it on would not be ethical at all cost.

Thanks Todd........ :cheers1:

Sage...... :cheers1:
fiver

Post by fiver »

Sage,

I am sorry to hear about your health. I hope you all the best and let the luck of the great APCD designers surround you with great spirits of happiness.
:cheers1: my friend!
Jim
Weeler

Post by Weeler »

Hi Sage,

I'm sorry to hear about your health issues also. I wish you well with all that you have to deal with. And, I commend your positive attitude and your interest in continuing to design courses for us Linksters ! :tiphat:

Godspeed..........Ron
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Hi Ron,
You, my 1st real critic that let me know you didn't like certain things with my designs and choices of elements. You got me thinking about a lot of things in my designs. You were my 1st semi beta tester.

Thanks for the kind words Ron..... :cheers1: :smile: :cheers1:

I love all you guys........... :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1:

Sage....... :yes:
Kunkleman

Post by Kunkleman »

We certainly love you back Sage! You're a one man wonder! Not just on APCD. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Luenz

Post by Luenz »

Wishing you all the best. Take care of yourself. :fcrossed:

Derek