Lexi Thompson to play men's PGA tournament next week

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.
badgolfer1

Lexi Thompson to play men's PGA tournament next week

Post by badgolfer1 »

https://golfweek.usatoday.com/lists/ann ... fiK__5cABA

No woman has ever made a cut in a men's PGA Tour event before that can read of happening other than Babe Dickinson Zaharis making 36 hole cut, but not 54 hole cut to play final round. Annika is remembered for playing Colonial. Did not remember Michelle Wie getting into 8 tournaments. With this subject matter---no man has played an LPGA Tour event. The LPGA Tour a few years did not allow Lana Lawless born a male, but transitioned to being female to compete in LPGA Tour events.
Jimbo

Re: Lexi Thompson to play men's PGA tournament next week

Post by Jimbo »

I remember LPGA players competing in PGA events...
...BUT...
...We're now living in an age where sexual discrimination is beinc claimed among male, female, trans and some new definitions that I'm not familiar with.

I fear that there is an army of lawyers phoning their BMW dealers...
badgolfer1

Re: Lexi Thompson to play men's PGA tournament next week

Post by badgolfer1 »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isabelle_Beisiegel

Isabelle "Izzy" Beisiegel (née Blais, born February 6, 1979), is a female professional golfer from Quebec, Canada. Before her first attempt qualifying for the PGA Tour Q-School in 2004, Beisiegel was quoted as saying, "The ball doesn't know if it is a man or a woman who is hitting it."

Men's golf achievements
Attended 2004 PGA Tour Qualifying School, becoming the first woman to compete in the event.
Earned Canadian Tour card for 2011, becoming the first female player to earn a playing card on a men's professional golf tour. However, she did not make the cut in any of the six tour events she played, and lost the card after the 2011 season.
Shot a 74 and finished in the top third of the field (39th place) at the 2012 men's U.S. Open Local Qualifier (Miramont Country Club; College Station, Texas).