Lake County Golf Club crashes

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
migolfer

Lake County Golf Club crashes

Post by migolfer »

Well, that's unfortunate, Links crashes when playing this course (https://linkscorner.org/courses/course.php?crz=2479). I hit a 1x reverse replay on the first hole, Links crashes, unable to restart the game, had to start over. Got to the putting green on #17 after a challenging round (bogies, birdies, double bogie, eagle along the way) and the putt didn't finish rolling and the game crashed. Cannot restart the game without Links crashing. There are some view directions that get the game upset for some reason. Too bad, it's a nice Sage course (aren't they all?), I won't try playing it again. Not likely to try and debug the game in APCD or anything either. Maybe someone else will try, but there are hundreds of other courses to choose from, so, oh well.
Jimbo

Re: Lake County Golf Club crashes

Post by Jimbo »

I may be wrong (the mind fades) but wasn't there a certain sky setting that may have caused the crash? It happened to me,
Captain Nemo

Post by Captain Nemo »

I just finished playing the course and had no issues. My sky was a typical blue with stratus clouds low on the horizon. Getting old so not sure what that is and don't remember how to find out. Had two competitors I created along for the ride. Generally like Sage's courses, but I was never a fan of those 1995 style water hazard borders.
:cheers1: Dave
I always wanted to write something intelligent in my signature. Now that I think about it, I guess I just did! :clapping: :smile:
migolfer

Post by migolfer »

I'll try changing the sky setting and see if it happens again, thx Jimbo.
Captain Nemo

Post by Captain Nemo »

Update: Tried to Play it again today. No luck! Got an Error Message on 1st hole when trying to putt. Selecting the continue box selects my next computer player but both computer players got same error.
Had a couple of saved games of this course from yesterday (7th and 13th holes), so tried to replay them. Saw random errors on various shots. Makes me wonder could this be related to the new Win 11 major update (maybe only certain courses are effected)? I haven't seen that update yet, but I have noted in the past that if my PC crashes, temporarily suspended updates are automatically installed on reboot. I'm thinking maybe late last night the update showed up and then my PC crashed. Sorry to blather on, but I did do some random tests on other courses without problems.
:cheers1: Dave
I always wanted to write something intelligent in my signature. Now that I think about it, I guess I just did! :clapping: :smile: