Tot Hill Farm

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
badgolfer1

Re: Tot Hill Farm

Post by badgolfer1 »

fiver wrote: August 30th, 2023, 4:04 pm Other than the elevation, the layout is the same. Can't tell about the green slopes! They were crazy good. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :cheers1:
Will be interesting to see if Tom Doak follows along with using any part of the original course layout in 1985 by Dan Maples such as island green on hole #12 for whatever hole may be in the new configuration. I also played Palmer's course at Woodlake and am seeing that the Maples course is being redone there. I remember the entrance there had a guard house to right side and courses therefore were a part of planned gated community, but do not remember seeing many homes when played there. I believe The Pit had condos to rent when played and definitely remember condos on the 2 courses at Foxfire since I bounced a ball or 2 off them as were too closeby to some holes there. These courses unlike Pinehurst complex to my thinking were not tied in with hotel affiliation at Carolina or Holly Inns as package deals in order to be able to play. So many resort courses in the sandhills area while some such as The Country Club of North Carolina's 2 courses are private.
Last edited by badgolfer1 on September 3rd, 2023, 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
badgolfer1

Post by badgolfer1 »

Back on topic of Tot Hill Farm. Checked and saw that has been under renovation since May and is set to reopen after Labor Day. It is listed as a public course and greens fee if listed right seems very reasonable. Listed below are some changes done already with more to be done in 2024.
All greens were converted to Prizm zoysia grass – total green size was 3 acres pre-restoration and is now 3.5 acres post renovation.
All bunkers have new drainage and sand, with the exception of two bunkers, one on hole 8 and one greenside on hole 18. Those two bunkers were eliminated due to fact they were not original. Two greenside bunkers were reestablished, one on hole 6 and one on hole 17.
Due to massive overgrowth, more than 1200 trees were removed to restore the parkland feel the course had when originally constructed.
https://tothillfarm.com/restoration/

And then Mike Strantz's history where he first was mentored under Tom Fazio's guidance before going out on his own.
https://www.golfpass.com/travel-advisor ... ea-existed
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Hole 12 Tot Hill Farm................
TH-1.JPG
TH-1.JPG (149.67 KiB) Viewed 584 times
TH-2.JPG
TH-2.JPG (136.46 KiB) Viewed 584 times
Sahe........ :cheers1:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Sorry about that........I think my name is "Sage"............ :rofl:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
fiver

Post by fiver »

OK! No more :cheers1: for you. 11 & 12 look very realistic to me.