Crooked Stick Golf Club - Beta

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
dorse72

Re: Crooked Stick Golf Club - Beta

Post by dorse72 »

Adelade, I want you testing my course, that is thorough! luv it
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Adelade,
Thank you for your usual detailed check. :clapping: It makes my life so much easier and makes the finished course better.
I will work through them and let you know if I need any further clarification.

Dan
Thanks for your comments. It seems that your views have echoed the views of the most members, (based on previous posts).

Gentlemen, thank you for your time, it is much appreciated.

Ian
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Adelade,

All the seam blend textures have been corrected. (Very sloppy on my part.)

The water on the 8th. Wow, that took some finding. Fixed.

Bunker seam on the 9th corrected. (After relocating the clubhouse from off-plot to it's final location, I needed to amend some of the wall/window mappings. I stupidly used the “Face Box Select”. This selects all other textures at the same elevation in the direction faced, for a certain distance from the face selected. I should have used the “Face Drag Select”. I spent hours correcting all the mappings. Well, obviously I didn't correct every one. :mad: )
it would be best to go through all objects a bit and maybe lower each tree object with select-all-of-type.
(Remind me to never ask you to test any other courses I do. :rant: )

There are approximately 60 new trees used on the course. I have selected each of the 60 tree types and lowered them. If I had been more careful when adding the properties, I could have saved myself a very boring hour or so. :rant:

I added the water hazard line on hole 6 for no real reason, (I must have been in a generous mood that day). After finishing the hole I realised that APCD/Links doesn't take any notice of it, so I stopped adding the lines on future holes, however I couldn't find it in myself to delete the work I had completed on hole 6.

Thank you for your kind thoughts. :tiphat:

Ian
morvio100

Post by morvio100 »

Played some holes 3 or .4...really looking to the Final....ie...flag/tee objects with shadows maybe fairways divots...and little finesse touches added...serious qual this one....ty Wells....top qual desinger :notworthy: ps is this a Linkster/Lidar DEM...just wondering
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

I have deleted my original comments because it's just not worth it.....
Last edited by Duck Hook on August 29th, 2023, 12:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Morvio,
Thank you for your comments.
Final....ie...flag/tee objects with shadows
I don't know how to add shadows to the flag and tee markers. I don't play other courses often but I can't remember seeing them with shadows on these objects. I am sure somebody will correct me if I am wrong. If you or somebody else can tell me how to do it, I will look into making them available on Crooked Stick. (Final will be released on 1 September)

As for divots, I know that many of the good designers add these, but I am not a fan of divots. (Probably because I can't do it well) :whistle: . So no divots.

Yes, Linkster kindly provided the Lidar details for me to work with.

Ian
morvio100

Post by morvio100 »

So it a Lidar DEM ...which is excellent...re,,, the divots...think Peter Beckwith;s course use them..just an added touch of realism....some over do the divots...but Beckwiths are great....tee objects...loads of courses have these small ground markers ccasting shadows....god knows how they do it...flag is blank...dig up or design a flag ....then complete....great course.planting is superb...Wells is prob one of the top current designers...imo :notworthy:
ChuckH

Post by ChuckH »

Yeah. A custom flag would be good.
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

morvio100,
I would be interested in seeing those divots you are talking about........can you do a screenshot or find the course so I can check them out?

Sage........ :smile:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Morvio,
..dig up or design a flag ..
The flag in my build is the same design that I see when I review the flyovers on the course home page. https://www.crookedstick.org/the-stick

Thanks for the comments.

Ian