Cape Kidnappers

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
sagevanni

Cape Kidnappers

Post by sagevanni »

Hi All,
I'm working on Cape Kidnappers golf course. The detailing starts.................. :fear:
Cape K.jpg
Cape K.jpg (237.26 KiB) Viewed 3025 times
Sage................ :cheers1:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
Ian Wells

Re: Cape Kidnappers

Post by Ian Wells »

Sage,
You always go for the easy courses. :sleep:

Looking forward to the finished course.
:cheers1:
Ian
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

Better have some stout golf carts! :smile:
No matter where you go, there you are.
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Coming along...........................Deciding on textures.
Cape K.jpg
Cape K.jpg (201.64 KiB) Viewed 2947 times
Sage....... :cheers1:
OllieW

Post by OllieW »

Bloody hell, this is crazy! But in good hands of course.

Texture thoughts from an admittedly terrible APCDer: Not sure the yellow (which is a bit tile-y) goes with the shades of green. Just my two cents though!
badgolfer1

Post by badgolfer1 »

OllieW wrote: August 22nd, 2023, 9:29 pm Bloody hell, this is crazy! But in good hands of course.

Texture thoughts from an admittedly terrible APCDer: Not sure the yellow (which is a bit tile-y) goes with the shades of green. Just my two cents though!
Going by original picture Sage showed the yellow area before looked as if might have been a rocky top area on course. The cliffs remind me of another course, Kauri Cliffs that I believe was an early course out here in Links and is in similar region of world.

Looking at course now that in Links to play it seems I was wrong about rocky areas on top of cliffs as trees, flora and fauna obviously are present. I had thought without seeing a flyover of course (that I intend to see if a version exists on You Tube very soon)---that this course might have been similar to courses such as Cypress Point or Pebble Beach with their rocky cliffs. There are several courses in pipeline for Sage working on them that I have seen mentioned, but Cabot Cliffs in Canada might be interesting from mentions of it that I have seen for him to do at some point. These courses with elevation changes in play or just out of play as hazards make for more scenic views than say a mostly flat links style course---be it with grassy or sandy rough alongside fairways. Those links style courses all the holes have a similar look and go against a thought expressed by Nicklaus that after playing a course---that most holes would be memorable in the mind of a player after playing their initial round. Other than St. Andrews, which hosted recent Walker Cup that has severable memorable holes and Carnoustie---the Open courses in my opinion because of that along with the memorable winners and/or losers clearly stand out compared to other courses in the rota.
Last edited by badgolfer1 on September 8th, 2023, 12:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Hi everyone,
Would one of you 3D experts be interested in doing the simple clubhouse for this course. Would not have to be anything fancy.

Sage..... :cheers1:
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

It's getting there...................
Cape K.jpg
Cape K.jpg (288.5 KiB) Viewed 2811 times
Sage.............. :cheers1:
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

I didn't realize Cape Kidnappers had trees around any of the holes!

[[ I just googled it. It does! Wow! Looking forward to seeing your rendition of it!}}

Pete
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

I tried to have the trees where they should be but it's very difficult to find images from the tees especially. I'll release a "beta" on this one to see what everyone has to say about tree placement. It's kinda important on this one.

Sage...... :cheers1: