The One Stop Ani Shop

Discuss Golfer Animations, Clothing, Clubs, MOP's, Soundscripts, Seasons, Rosters and all Career Mode related plus any External Programs here.
3 Wood

Re: The One Stop Ani Shop

Post by 3 Wood »

Sexy
I think Ian looks great... love his outfits.
Big Sexy JC

Post by Big Sexy JC »

Thanks 3 Wood. I was just worried about the hair on the hat not looking like a visor and being silly looking. I think I'm about to do the same thing with my new Brandt Snedeker I'm working on.
3 Wood

Post by 3 Wood »

Stewart,
I just wanted to drop this message to thank you for all the Anis you have given to the Community. A lot of time and effort has go into creating
These Players and it is greatly appreciated.
Guitarzan

Post by Guitarzan »

I'm just curious about your Dadbod ani's, did you manage to edit the 3D mesh to give the golfer a paunch? This is the one thing I would love to work on with the ani's but I've never found a 3D program that will open then up for manipulation. Of the plethora of improvements that we have received in L2003 my remaining wish and holy grail would be to edit the players so they all don't have the same 3D profile.
Big Sexy JC

Post by Big Sexy JC »

Guitarzan,

The can of worms has been opened with this question. As you may or may not know, I've cracked the anis and the Golfer Utility open, extracted all the files from the anis and basically know all the gory details on how they were made by the animasters. The animasters would modify the mesh of the ani in Maya 5.0. Once they had the mesh how they wanted it they used a converter utility to take it from a Maya file to an SKL file that would be included in the .l3 animation file.

They would then create all the textures (face, shirts, pants, shoes, etc.) and put it all in a folder with an archiver. There was a .bat file with a script that did the Maya conversion and another .bat file with a script that took all the files and archived them back to the animation file. I can successfully open the golfer mesh files in Maya and modify them as desired. The issue I have is that I don't have the necessary utilities to convert the mesh files back to SKL files and then archive all of it to an ani file. You have no idea how bad I want those utilities. I would probably go to the end of the earth to get those damn things.

The way I did the dad body and other "bigger" anis is that the animasters created some golfers with different body types back in the day using the process I mention above. Because I can extract out all the pieces of an ani, I can re-arrange those pieces and combine them into different combos of anis. That's what I'm limited to without those utilities.

I've also figured out how to re-arrange the textures used in the ani so I can, with limitations, change the number of faces, shirts, pants, skins, shoes, etc. that an ani has. I also figured out how to edit and apply the script.txt file, which allows me to tell the game how many of those textures to look at when the game displays the ani. The script.txt file also is what determines what options you have displayed in the game for the ani like outfits vs. pants and shirts, or different faces or sleeves and all that jazz.

I've essentially reverse engineered the entire process the animasters used back in the day. The problem is that I can't put all those pieces back together without those utilities. Hopefully one day I'll get fortunate enough to get those.

I will say that I have provided this community with everything they would need to do what I'm doing. I've never been asked about it so I just assumed there wasn't any interest.
Guitarzan

Post by Guitarzan »

Thanks for the detailed reply BSJC! I might just download and play around with Maya just for fun and maybe someday we'll find the conversion utility. Thanks! :thumbup:
Lyleman222

Post by Lyleman222 »

Hi great work can I ask a favour could you do sandy lyle with a visor cap? Many thanks Al
Big Sexy JC

Post by Big Sexy JC »

Al,

I will create a visor Sandy Lyle after I complete my replay. I've got a few years left (2 weeks) and then I will circle back and have time to fulfill requests and some touch ups. I will make sure to create a custom body type for Sandy when I do the visor version.
Lyleman222

Post by Lyleman222 »

Hopefully you can do the mizuno visor and adidas shoes👍

Been a fan since 84

Last edited by Lyleman222 on March 22nd, 2024, 6:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Titus

Post by Titus »

Hello Big Sexy,

I also really like your new anis and have some of them.
I wanted to play an Ani with sunglasses, while playing, for example, I noticed that AnthonyKim was twitching in the game.
You can see this in the selection menu if you wait a while.
I don't know if this is due to my PC, but the other Anis (without glasses) don't have this.
screen0087.jpg
screen0087.jpg (363.45 KiB) Viewed 402 times
I just wanted to mention that, what a GREAT job. :clapping: