Australian courses

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Colin Jones

Re: Australian courses

Post by Colin Jones »

Duck Hook wrote: July 18th, 2023, 9:23 am The work that must have went into that clubhouse and surrounds makes my head spin.... :scared: Truly astonishing stuff Colin.
Really super excited to see some Oz courses getting done. Looking forward to both RS and NSW.
Barnbougle would truly be an amazing addition to the course library, but like Doak's other masterpiece at Tara Iti I don't know whether you could capture all the character and nuances of either with the APCD. Still, one has to live in hope.. :smile:
For me, the two great Aussie courses missing from Links are Kingston Heath and to a slightly lesser extent Royal Adelaide. One day.
Looking forward to teeing it up at RS and NSW !

:cheers1:
T
Thanks mate - thanks everyone - nice feedback.

I looked at Kingston Heath too, but no useable DEMs for Melbourne courses that I could find I'm afraid (the DEM rules these days :laugh: ). Royal Adelaide has a 1M DEM available tho.
Completed: Golf Club of Houston (Redstone); Banff Springs; Mauna Kea 2024
Working on: Royal Sydney (2024); NSW Golf Club (2024)
linkster

Post by linkster »

Great to see you around Colin! Awesome work on Royal Sydney, can't wait to see it!

A Tara Iti DEM import is a go! I managed to get the 1 meter lidar dem files tonight. I'll have a look at what will be involved in getting it into the APCD.

Unfortunate that there is a hole in the high quality DEM's available in the Royal Melbourne / Kingston Heath area. I have checked for updated coverage in that area a few times .....
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

Hey Sage, do you mind if I have a look at the Tara Iti dem if Linkster can get it done?

After the hours I put into it, I wouldn't mind having a crack at it. By all means feel free to play around with it too.

T
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Hey Todd,

For sure, You go for it my man...................

Linkster...........port everything to the Toddster....................... :smile:

Sage....... :cheers1:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

Thanks mate

But like I said, if you are interested, feel free to play around with it as well.

T
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

Hey Sage

If you were interested in another New Zealand course and it was possible to create a lidar based dem, Cape Kidnappers would be right up your alley.
A very dramatic setting on the cliff tops, would look stunning in links

T
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

When Linkster sees this post maybe he will see if there is lidar data available for the course. If so I'd for sure put it in my to do list. I've looked at it and doing it many times.

Sage.... :cheers1:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
dorse72

Post by dorse72 »

Kingston Heath is one of my fav courses, I started it yrs ago, but got distracted as always. I would come back to it maybe down the road, but remembering not finding much topo info. Hirono GC, in Japan is my next course after I finish Olympic and Riviera.
EJ55

Post by EJ55 »

Wonderful work on that clubhouse Colin! As I studied your work I appreciate the time you put in on it as the textures and construction look fantastic!

Looking forward to it!
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Gorgeous Clubhouse!