Golfer Utility

Discuss Golfer Animations, Clothing, Clubs, MOP's, Soundscripts, Seasons, Rosters and all Career Mode related plus any External Programs here.
dko

Golfer Utility

Post by dko »

Before my old desktop died, I had set up my own player using the golfer utility. I can't remember exactly what I did, other than starting with anipro1 and then changing caps, pants, shirts and shoes by substituting the part numbers from animasters. I think I did this because I wanted to keep the golfer face options and animations but I'm not sure. The problem I ran into was that my shirts did not match the collars that are used in anipro1 so I had to go back and choose shirts that more closely matched the available collars (since there was no option to change the collars) and then insert them into the utility in the correct order. It worked at the time, but I have no clue how to do that anymore.

I realize Big Sexy JC has done a lot of work in this area, but I'm confused by what he did and I have no interest in creating emulations of golf pros.

My question (finally) is, can I just set up a totally new set of shirts/pants/caps/shoes combinations using the animasters forum and the golfer utility?

I apologize if this is confusing and hope there is someone out there who understands and can help me. When I see designers post scene views from their upcoming projects I always see interesting golfer wear combos and I'd like to create some of my own.
Doug
Big Sexy JC

Re: Golfer Utility

Post by Big Sexy JC »

Doug,

The simple answer is yes. Also, if you go to one of the below sites, I can pretty much make any shirt, pants, shoes, hats you could find and you can use the utility to add them to your golfer. I've created many custom animations for users on this forum and could do the same with apparel. Obviously nobody has time to just create infinite requests for everyone on the forum, but I don't mind helping guys out if it's reasonable. Honestly, there are very few limitations when it comes to apparel of any kind and I can usually pull them straight from a website and have them in the game in minutes.

I can also just add the apparel to your animation if that's easier for you. Just let me know the best way I can help you.

https://trendygolfusa.com/collections/mens-polo-shirts

https://www.golfgalaxy.com/f/golf-shirts-for-men
dko

Post by dko »

Big Sexy JC wrote: July 8th, 2023, 5:50 am Doug,

The simple answer is yes. Also, if you go to one of the below sites, I can pretty much make any shirt, pants, shoes, hats you could find and you can use the utility to add them to your golfer. I've created many custom animations for users on this forum and could do the same with apparel. Obviously nobody has time to just create infinite requests for everyone on the forum, but I don't mind helping guys out if it's reasonable. Honestly, there are very few limitations when it comes to apparel of any kind and I can usually pull them straight from a website and have them in the game in minutes.

I can also just add the apparel to your animation if that's easier for you. Just let me know the best way I can help you.

https://trendygolfusa.com/collections/mens-polo-shirts

https://www.golfgalaxy.com/f/golf-shirts-for-men
JC,

That's a very generous offer and I appreciate it. :tiphat:

I don't have a golfer animation of my own since I lost the previous one I "made" in my previous computer crash. I currently just use "anipro1" as my golfer personality. My plan, as before, was to just substitute the TGA files from the Apparel/Clubs section of the Links Animasters website for the TGA's in anipro1 using the utility.

I'm a little confused about how to accept your offer; I'm looking for several new shirt/pants/hats/shoes combinations to apply to an existing stock golfer animation. The shirts files you attached to your response are quite good, but what about the other items? Can you offer some clarification?

Thanks,
Doug
Big Sexy JC

Post by Big Sexy JC »

Doug,

A couple things. Anipro1 has 10 faces, 20 pants, 20 shirts, 12 hats and 12 shoes. My first question is do you use the same face with that animation each time or do you mix it up? If you use the same face, I can create an animation for you that only has that face, so you would just need to tell me which one. If you mix it up, then I could simply get you 20 pants that match the shirts you want. As for hats, it simply comes down to colors and if you want sponsors/branding on them and which ones. For shoes, you could use the link below and pick some out and I could get them to you or add them to your animation for you, either way. The only issue with shoes is the photos have to be good so I can't promise 100% I can do anything, but almost anything.

My second question is are you wanting me to make the apparel for you and share it so you can add it using the utility or do you want me to outfit your animation and share that with you? I obviously have the anipro1 animation so if that's your source animation it would be very easy for me to just create a custom anipro1 for you with whatever apparel you want.

https://www.golfgalaxy.com/f/golf-shoes ... %3AMen%27s
dko

Post by dko »

Wow! What an offer!

I only use one face so any of the Caucasian ones will do (no racist intent, it's just what I am.) Although I know they have different id numbers associated with them, I don't know how to identify particular ones. The accompanying picture in the personality section can either be blank or a computer icon.

I'd love to just select the shirts and shoes and have you add the pants and caps (no logos needed). I noticed there are no unique part numbers in the shirt and shoe files you provided. How should I communicate preferences to you?

You are very generous and I truly appreciate it.
Doug
Big Sexy JC

Post by Big Sexy JC »

Doug,

Those websites I linked in my previous two posts are shopping sites and are not associated with Links in any way. My reason for having you look at them is that I can take any shirt from a website and turn it into a shirt in the game. Just send me the links of the shirts and shoes that you want and I'll create them and put them on an animation for you. Do you want me to just create an ani with a single face instead of the anipro1? Also, how many shirt, pant, hat combos do you want? Since all the animations are now unlocked the possible combos are almost infinite.

Here is what I'll do.

1. I'll grab one of the Caucasian anipro1 faces and add it to an animation that only has 1 face.
2. Send me links to the shirts and shoes you want from the sites I linked.
3. I'll create your requested shirts and shoes and add them to your ani.
4. I'll create pants that match the shirts and add those to your ani.
5. I'll create hats that match the color combos of your ani and add those to your ani.
6. Once your ani is complete, I'll upload it so you can download it and use it.
7. Try the ani out and if you like everything, great. If you dont, I should be able to make modifications to get it where you want it.
dko

Post by dko »

JC,

I went through the shirt and shoe selection process and though I had posted all the links as you directed, but apparently I screwed up since I don't see it on the forum. I'll try again but right now my head hurts from looking at all the shirts (I guess I'm picky). I do like the plan you outlined so hopefully I get it right next time.
Doug
dko

Post by dko »

JC,

I'm wondering if I either put too many links in my response to you (there were 25 I think), or maybe I did them incorrectly (I just right-clicked to copy each link and pasted them to my response.) I feel pretty sure that I hit the submit button after putting everything together, but don't know if I broke any forum rules with the post as sent.
Doug
dko

Post by dko »

Well, I tried again but received a message that my format was invalid. Don't know what to do.
Doug
Big Sexy JC

Post by Big Sexy JC »

Doug

Test

https://trendygolfusa.com/products/boro ... slate-aw23

Ok. That worked. Just click on a shirt that you want. Copy the URL from the address line of your browser and then paste it in your post.