Well that'll do me...

Enough of the Links talk! Use this forum for real golf and other topics but no religion or politics.
Ian Wells

Re: Well that'll do me...

Post by Ian Wells »

Todd,

I am certain that all English football fans will happily accept your generous good wishes, this one certainly will. :cheers1:

As usual, certain English newspapers have gone totally OTT, by demanding a national days holiday if the Lionesses win. (I wonder what they want to happen if they lose? Banished to Australia, perhaps :whistle: )

Enjoy the game.

Ian
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

hahahah.. Yes, our cringy prime Minister said the same thing about the national holiday if the Matilda's had won. Don't think all the business owners were too impressed with the idea.. lol

No doubt it would be a highly emotional moment if they were to pull it off. Nothing against Spain but I hope the English girls get the win. Even here there is something romantically nostalgic about the English National football team, most notably the men but also now the women, trying to win their respective world cups.

But if losing means that Alessia Russo and Alex Greenwood are going to be banished to Australia, Well then... I might have to hope for a different result... :laugh: :laugh:

:cheers1:
T
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

:rofl: :clapping:

Ian
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

I hate to be a party-pooper but when it comes to cricket grounds there's only one game that really matters"
Right? :clapping:
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

Spot on Jimbo.... Cricket :thumbup:
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

Bad luck mate. Different gender, same ol' story.

Got quite catty at times, I was hoping for a bit of slapping on but sadly it never eventuated... :laugh:

All I can say is.... Welcome Alessia :kicking:

T
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Todd,
The saying is that Brits like a good second. That is Ballocks, (is that allowed Andy?)

The girls did good, just not good enough. Viva Espana.

Perhaps we will have better luck in another 57 years :whistle:

Ian