Well that'll do me...

Enough of the Links talk! Use this forum for real golf and other topics but no religion or politics.
Duck Hook

Well that'll do me...

Post by Duck Hook »

Stuart Broad lecturing us Aussies on the myth that is the spirit of cricket. Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah...

Here's a bloke who refused to walk after nicking a ball to first slip. We all knew he hit it, he knew he hit it and he knew that we knew that he knew he hit it !!!

Umpire's decision is final unit it doesn't go your way apparently...

3 - 0 here we come... :smile: :smile:
Ian Wells

Re: Well that'll do me...

Post by Ian Wells »

Todd,

There was a report detailing discrimination in English and Welsh cricket issued last week.
The Independent Commission for Equity in Cricket (ICEC) said racism, sexism, classism and elitism are "widespread" across the game.
Perhaps Mr. Broad believes that "racism, sexism, classism and elitism" is the spirit of cricket?

The run out was correct within the rules of the game. Just walk and remember not to be so stupid again.

Ian
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

We are living in a post sane world..................

Sage...... :mad:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

Ian Wells wrote: July 5th, 2023, 6:54 am Todd,

There was a report detailing discrimination in English and Welsh cricket issued last week.
The Independent Commission for Equity in Cricket (ICEC) said racism, sexism, classism and elitism are "widespread" across the game.
Perhaps Mr. Broad believes that "racism, sexism, classism and elitism" is the spirit of cricket?

The run out was correct within the rules of the game. Just walk and remember not to be so stupid again.

Ian

Yes Ian, I thought of that report when Geoff Boycott, who probably could be a poster boy for that era, started calling for an apology.

And I know we have been guilty of discretions in the past, sandpaper gate, comes to mind and of course the infamous underarm incident. But geez, for Stuart Broad to call us out is flat out astonishing, the hide of him.... :smile:

Either way Headingley is going to be insane, we need to get Ben Stokes early, the lad is an absolute beast when he is in form.

Good luck !!

:cheers1:
T
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Good luck !!
May the least whing-ing team win. :tiphat:

ian
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

Hahahahaha. Indeed, it will be a battle to the death. We could both lay claim to the world title of whinging atm.

T
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

What happened to the bloody pommy rain that was going to come and save us ?????

Well done Ian, see you in Manchester... :thumbup:

T
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Todd,

From "I-newspaper" (backpage)
It’s 95 years since England last fielded a bowling attack older than the one that’s about to take on Australia in this week’s fourth Ashes Test at Old Trafford
I'm very disappointed that I wasn't asked to play. :rant: (Would it matter that I haven't played a game since 1967? :whistle:)
I guess the answer to that we will find out on Tuesday :smile:

Enjoy it, Todd. But not too much :unsure:

Ian
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

What would be more disappointing is if the oldest English bowling attack in 95 years puts the cleaners through us..... :scared: :laugh:

T
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

After last night's result I suppose I am going to have barrack for the bloody poms... :mad: :scared: :smile:

Go England... May the Lionesses roar !!! :thumbup:

( Can't believe I just typed that.... :laugh: )

T