Harding Park resumed...from Nov 2010

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Jimbo

Re: Harding Park resumed...from Nov 2010

Post by Jimbo »

Hi Sage-I'm looking at Capilano-the front nine is all downhill with a great view of downtown Vancouver. It has been ranked as Stanley Thompson's greatest course-even better than Banff or St. George's...

BUT

There is also some controversy as to whether he actually designed the course himself or delegated the "heavy lifting" to Robert Trent Jones, Sr.

I prefer to go with Mr. Thompson and blame the controversy on jealous Americans... :rofl:
Anyway, here's his website:

https://www.stanleythompson.com/about-s ... -s-courses

Anybody who is a master APCD'er could spend a lifetime with all his courses, but IMHO the better-known ones (a couple of which are available now, especially you-know-what :clapping: ) that remain to be APCD'd (west to east) include Jasper, Whirlpool (as opposed to Legends of Niagara), Oakdake (site of this year's Canadian Open), Cedar Brae, Oshawa, Highlands Links (but we do have a version available now-Links at Ingonish by Dan Chisholm).
I apologize to any Linksters in Saaskatchewan, Manitoba, Quebec and the rest f the Maritimes.

These courses are, by themselves too short to host the Canadian Open, (they might work for the LPGA) but there's room on a few of them to squeeze another few yards and/or change a couple of Par 5's to Par 4's (or combine courses like they did at Oakdale), but I've already wasted my time on another thread as to why Golf Canada really wants it to be the "Toronto Open". :wallbash:

If any APCDers have these on their list I'll gladly yield to your expertise. I wouldn't dream of even sending you a pre-nitpicked Alpha if I'm not "having a good time".
aeerph

Post by aeerph »

I am heading to the U.S. Women's Open next week. While out at Monterey, we will also play Bayonet, Black Horse and Poppy Hills before heading up to S.F. While in S.F. we will play one round at Presidio, and we were thinking of playing Sharp Park on the drive up. Let me know if you need pictures of trees or anything else. We would be driving Skyline Blvd after our round at Sharp Park to the hotel. We could stop at the parking lot at Harding Park to take photos of the Clubhouse or over Lake Merced towards Olympic CC, if that would be helpful?
dorse72

Post by dorse72 »

absolutely! but I need them taken back from a distance, not up close, that angle doesnt work in Links. also need good lighting on the tree, not full sun if possible, and not w sun behind, sun left/right is good. also, they need to be by themselves if possible or close. sorry for the details but they are completely un-usable if not. thanks again! any of the strange shorter ones also.

Like on page 1, the first 2 pics wont work, the 2nd 2 shots will work for sure if you need examples.
aeerph

Post by aeerph »

OK, sure. I will certainly get you some. Did you have a number in mind of how many trees you need?
dorse72

Post by dorse72 »

20 would be great if possible, maybe more
aeerph

Post by aeerph »

OK sure, no problems! I will try to do my best.

Just let me know how you want me to send the photos: either by posting here on the forum page when I get back or after my rounds via Whatsapp.

Also, I talked the guys into playing TPC Harding Park on Friday instead of Sharp Park, so let me know if there are any specific pictures of anything you want from there.

Thanks,
Andy