Cala Mesquida from Detmar Kirschnar

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
chewiec

Cala Mesquida from Detmar Kirschnar

Post by chewiec »

Hello everyone. Recently got Links 2003 back up and running and what a joy it has been replaying the old classics and seeing all the new great courses!
I have been looking for this course as I know it was never completed but Detmar Krisch posted the alpha of it a long time ago and I can't seem to find it. I thought I had saved it to a disc but unfortunately I did not. Does anyone still have the alpha or know where I could possibly get a copy? Thank you!

Clay
gator

Re: Cala Mesquida from Detmar Kirschnar

Post by gator »

The filename says beta, but that's the only course in my database by Dietmar Kirschner. Here it is - https://we.tl/t-YsOwKWN8TB

The WeTransfer link is good for 7 days.

Leo
badgolfer1

Post by badgolfer1 »

Re: Wonderful Golf Courses
Post by gene_golf » Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:47 am
mccoist wrote: November 20th, 2021, 12:11 am Thanks for the good review on my course :thumbup: Was a strange course that didn't turn out the way I wanted and kinda put me off the apcd thing
McCoist, I seem to remember at time of Campo El Punetero that you were dabbling with updating Cala Mesquida Pines much the same kind of look that has such a unique look about it such as possibly being located in locale such as Portugal beside ocean with hilly rocky terrain. It was done with an assortment of varied interesting hole designs with different objects and textures. Unfortunately where some course designers leave off a texture as none that makes no difference in playing---Detmar Kirschnar the designer of Cala Mesquida Pines unfortunately left some area seam blends in hitting range with ocean textures having associated penalty necessarily playing a mulligan when unexpectedly hitting to such an area. I remember some posts where you showed progress in working on course, such as a par 3 with large rocks in between tee and the green. Somehow you were given access to open up Cala Mesquida Pines where it is locked otherwise to make changes and the changes could have been just to clean up the misapplied texture qualities. Where you put yourself down for Campo El Punetero I personally like playing this course that is different than your mostly Scottish looking other courses or the way out snow covered Six Mile Lake Golf Course winter version done as your last course in 2015 just after Campo El Punetero was released.
Last edited by gene_golf on Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chewiec

Post by chewiec »

gator wrote: June 13th, 2023, 2:28 am The filename says beta, but that's the only course in my database by Dietmar Kirschner. Here it is - https://we.tl/t-YsOwKWN8TB

The WeTransfer link is good for 7 days.

Leo
Thanks Leo! I really appreciate it and I always loved this course!