Meanwhile, 10 years later.....

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Duck Hook

Meanwhile, 10 years later.....

Post by Duck Hook »

I must have started this course over 10 years ago, lol. I will never be staisfied with it but there is no point it gathering dust on my hard drive.
There are some really good holes, some average holes and a few holes that make me think WTF was I thinking. Anyway it's too far gone to change anything so I will give it a plant and get rid of it.
Still deciding which way to go but while I remain somewhat motivated I am moving forward. I haven't the right grasses to go sparse, so I think a heavier planting is the way to go.....see what happens
dc04.jpg
dc04.jpg (647.76 KiB) Viewed 7927 times
dc04b.jpg
dc04b.jpg (1.03 MiB) Viewed 7927 times

Cheers
T
:cheers1:

Or I could just leave it blank..... :laugh:
dc4.jpg
dc4.jpg (790.17 KiB) Viewed 7926 times
sagevanni

Re: Meanwhile, 10 years later.....

Post by sagevanni »

The planting you show is sweet....!!!!!!!!!!! Looks great.

Sage...... :cheers1:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Love the planting!

Pete
EJ55

Post by EJ55 »

I like what I'm seeing.

Scrub, fairway green and rough textures look like they go well together!

I downloaded your Cambrian Ridge HD alpha yesterday and plan on playing it this week. Is there anything you're looking for in alpha testing?
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

Thanks Eddie ! :cheers1:

As far as Cambrian Ridge goes, the course is basically finished bar the 3D work and a some OOB areas to be defined.( Hmmm, you don't feel like building me a clubhouse in your spare time ????..... :laugh: :laugh: )

Anyway,I was so burnt out by that stage I couldn't see myself finishing the extra work anytime soon so I released it to save it from dying on my hard drive. Glad you are going to check it out, any suggestions are appreciated.

Cheers
T
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Cambrian Ridge plays well - plenty of challenge! Definitely a hard-drive keeper!

Pete
EJ55

Post by EJ55 »

Duck Hook wrote: June 10th, 2023, 1:09 am Thanks Eddie ! :cheers1:

As far as Cambrian Ridge goes, the course is basically finished bar the 3D work and a some OOB areas to be defined.( Hmmm, you don't feel like building me a clubhouse in your spare time ????..... :laugh: :laugh: )

Anyway,I was so burnt out by that stage I couldn't see myself finishing the extra work anytime soon so I released it to save it from dying on my hard drive. Glad you are going to check it out, any suggestions are appreciated.

Cheers
T
I wish I had time to help you Todd. The course looks really polished, the changes in elevation make it a fun ride! I do hope you knock that clubhouse out at some point.

Will continue to play it this week.
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

Cheers Eddie, good luck with Seminole, the pictures you have posted so far are outstanding !!

T
ChuckH

Post by ChuckH »

This is an excellent rendition. If anyone is interested, if you have the original Microsoft course you can rename the tip file that came with it with the exact name as this new course file and it will play in the new course. If that makes any sense.
c
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

Well after stuffing around with various combos, I think I have settled on a base grass planting I am somewhat happy with. Now to go around filling in the gaps and adding various highlights ( bushes, grasses and trees individually as needed ) . This is very time consuming but really takes a course to the next level. It is also normally where the crashing starts...lol

Hey Chuck, if that works that is very cool, thanks !

T
dcpl.jpg
dcpl.jpg (1.18 MiB) Viewed 7639 times
dcpl1.jpg
dcpl1.jpg (944.74 KiB) Viewed 7639 times
dcpl2.jpg
dcpl2.jpg (983.33 KiB) Viewed 7639 times