Vidante - Puerto Vallarta Course

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Weeler

Vidante - Puerto Vallarta Course

Post by Weeler »

This post is "sort of" aimed at Mark Lemond. Since you've created the course "Moonstruck at Point Break" recently, and seem to have a pretty good feel for creating a Mexican style "desert / ocean" type look, I thought perhaps as you hone your skills on the APCD , you might take on a real full sized course. I looked at the Vidante Vallarta course on it's website, and it looks quite nice. I guess we can watch this week's PGA Mexican Open to actually see how it looks and plays. So.....heck, if you really try you could maybe get this venue to all of us in the next day or two, right ?? Of course,
I'm just messin' with you bigtime ! I know that no one can do anything on the APCD that fast !

However, I AM trying to give you some food for thought about trying something like that course, since we only have the "Cabo del Sol" course that has similar attributes, and we could maybe use another course like that in LINKS. Actually, there are several other Mexican courses that could be re-created besides the ones at Vidante. So, it wouldn't hurt to browse the net. As you use the APCD, there are many great designers out there who would
most likely be willing to share their wealth of knowledge on making courses, in case you run into issues. Please, think about it.

Thanks for your time..................Ron
linkster

Re: Vidante - Puerto Vallarta Course

Post by linkster »

If you can find a LIDAR based DEM or point cloud data that covers the area of the course, I could generate a Tobacco Road quality course file by the final round on Sunday. :naughty:
Weeler

Post by Weeler »

linkster: Since you included that emoji with your post....I'm going to assume you're pretty much joking around, right ? In addition, even though I've seen the terms LIDAR and DEM used by designers in the "Designers Corner" section, I have NO idea what either of them mean, or where to find them if I did . As well as point cloud data. Guess that's why I'm not a designer ( among other things).

Ron
linkster

Post by linkster »

I wasn't joking; I could do the terrain import in a couple evenings if I had the LIDAR data or DEM. The problem is finding the coverage for Mexico. I couldn't find much for coverage but I didn't spend much time searching. If someone can find LIDAR data for Vidanta Nuevo Vallarta I will gladly do a terrain import for the APCD. It is taking the terrain import and turning it into a finished course that requires an immense amount of work.