Seminole Golf Club

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
EJ55

Re: Seminole Golf Club

Post by EJ55 »

Good Morning friends,

Boy these wildfires must be treacherous, the smoke and smell reaching all the way down to Maryland and further I'm certain. Praying rain comes soon and assists the professionals in getting a handle on them.

I've been thinking about all the projects going on with fellow designers and I'm excited for the community and myself as these get released upon completion. I've had a busy month with APCD and Links probably spending upwards of 40 to 50% on the clubhouse, hopefully you all enjoy.

Here's an overhead showing holes completed and seam blended through 13 including the practice area left of 1.

I'm very happy with the clubhouse, I still have lots to do but the textures are done on it the building is the easy part. I like the way I've mixed the building in with the course construction. Weeks ago I was itching to get started on the clubhouse, now I'm looking forward to getting back to the course.

As I was working on 13 green and it's nine bunkers I was wondering how many I blended so far and counted 114 bunkers I believe plus any number of smaller waste areas (less than 20) You'll see in the following picture why I haven't seam blended big waste areas. the bunkers that bisect both rough and waste areas will need special attention I have a few ideas and will chose the best look & playability. The waste area sides haven't been done yet because I'd like to use my sole focus on these when I tackle them.

I'm still floored by the quality of elevation data of these Lidar files. My wife got me the Stracka-Line Yardage and Greens guide for Fathers Day and plan on cross referencing the greens at some point. Without doing it yet I don't expect much of anything to change other than a small increment here or there. That's my opinion considering what I've seen of these files.

I turned off the shading and turned the mesh on in APCD as you may be able to get a better look at 13 green.

I've completed my waste texture set but they will more than likely need refinement as I haven't tested them yet, we'll see how they look in the future when 2D gets planted. I also have been working on some fresher textures as I'm not completely sold on the colors I have. My time in the summer is not as free when the grandkids are in school, I also have a quarterly church project that usually takes a week due this month. Holes 14 and 15 are par 5s, I believe those two plus an off the course building in combination with walls & 3 section of steps for the pool and patio area are all easily doable for the next month.

Enjoy your designing, playing and weather all!
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

That is AMAZING work.....what else is there to say.

Sage...... :cheers1:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Needless to say the Nitpicker is a happy camper (or Linkster)! :notworthy:
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Real nice EJ. :thumbup: :clapping: :cheers1: Beautiful work!

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

by sagevanni » Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:45 pm

That is AMAZING work.....what else is there to say.
Nothing. :notworthy:

Ian
EJ55

Post by EJ55 »

Thank you, glad you all have enjoyed.

I wish you all the best in your projects and look forward to playing them!
Weeler

Post by Weeler »

I'd just like to join everyone above in saying that , once again, you'll be creating another gem for Links. It's looking VERY nice so far. I'm happy that you're back on the APCD , Eddie.

Ron Weel
EJ55

Post by EJ55 »

Happy Summer for those in the Northern Hemisphere, I hope you all are doing well! I'd like to provide an update.

I've had a busy month in APCD and got a little more completed than anticipated. I installed and blended holes 14,15 and 16. I didn't intend to do 16 but 13 green, 14 tee, 15 fairway, hole 16 and 17 tee all have a shared short grass/fairway type so I needed to install 16 to blend the 15th hole. As you can see from the overhead all 7 cart bridges are in and mapped but I need to build two foot bridges. They look like a simple build but I'm looking for a closer view of them in an attempt to get them right/or as best I can. My count has 140 bunkers seam blended to this point. I don't have anything special to show but will show an overhead of the progress and course stats if someone is interested.

I keep deleting off course verts to stay as low as I can. I have more to delete to stay around the 240-245 goal.

Shapes I delete as many as I can because shapes bog APCD down when they are on (from my experience) most shapes will be deleted when no longer in use discounting vital hole shapes, OB, crowd, foresting. I don't know what the limit is on textures but I'm expecting 80ish but hopefully lower?

As you can see on the overhead there's a little yellow box on the bottom which highlights an off the course small shed/garage like building I believe is there although it's hidden by trees.

Over the next month I hope to install 17, 18 and the driving range right of 18 along with additional TLC around the course. The box highlighted in yellow in the upper left is the back-center part of the clubhouse I will be working on along with some additional rails on the steps of the clubhouse. If time permits I'll be working clockwise around the outside of the course building 3D structures. This will set me up for the following month when planting and waste areas start.

Have a great month all!
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

Eddie, your 3D work is second to none :notworthy:
EJ55

Post by EJ55 »

Thanks Glenn, that's high praise. Glad you and others have enjoyed!