Anyone Know How to Use This File????

Discuss Golfer Animations, Clothing, Clubs, MOP's, Soundscripts, Seasons, Rosters and all Career Mode related plus any External Programs here.
Big Sexy JC

Anyone Know How to Use This File????

Post by Big Sexy JC »

In the PolyAni folder there is a Script.txt file (Below). I have no idea how to use it yet, but it looks like it might be the way to create unique animations and even add and remove reactions for events. I assume this is how the NORM ani was created. I was really hoping someone on this site could look at this and make sense of it. I've tried changing the extension to .bat and .exe to run it, but that didn't do anything.

Anyone got any ideas on how to use this?

Script.txt
; example of script needed for setting up cusomization of a golfer
;SERGIO
;edited by msnyder 05-29-2002
[Details]
Name=Nerdy;this is the display name of the golfer
Cumstomizable Parts=2;number of textures that are customizable in the game
Customizable Mesh=1; this is a 1 or a 0, 1 if there is a customizable mesh, 0 otherwise
Extrema=crownLocator buttLocator LeftToeEnd RightToeEnd brimLocator leftShoulderLocator rightShoulderLocator RightElbow LeftElbow RightMiddleKnuckle LeftMiddleKnuckle rightHeelLocator leftHeelLocator clubJoint
ClubExtrema=clubHeadLocator clubHeadLocatorAft clubHeadLocatorFore

[file_locations]
; any files that are needed by this animation that are not listed here are assumed to be in the same archive as this script
golfer.skl=sergio_bound.skl
golfer_low.skl=sergio_low_bound.skl
putter.skl=clubs.l3|putter.skl
iron.skl=clubs.l3|iron.skl
driver.skl=clubs.l3|driver.skl
clubs256.tga=clubs.l3|clubs256.tga
clubs_s.tga=clubs.l3|clubs_s.tga
iron.tga=clubs.l3|iron.tga

[customizable part 1]
Title=Shirts
Varieties=3
Textures=2
Texture1=L_S01_Shirt01_%%.TGA
Texture2=L_S01_Shirt01_CLR_%%.TGA

[customizable part 2]
Title=Pants
Varieties=4
Textures=1
Texture1=L_S01_Pants01_%%.TGA

;Event Key
;0 = Top of Backswing
;1 = Play swing sound
;2 = Launch the ball
;3 = Ball Lands
;4 = Ball closest to hole
;5 = Ball in hole
;6 = Ball stops rolling

[Driver]
Address=DriverAddress
PreSwing=DriverAddressBreath,DriverWaggle,DriverRockFeet
Swing=DriverSwing( 0@29 1@32 2@46)
FinishBreath=DriverFinishBreath
Finish2Neutral=DriverFinishToDriverNeutral
NeutralBreath=DriverNeutralBreath
InFlightReactions=DriverShortGoodFistPumpSmall( 3@67),DriverShortEnglishRight( 3@205),DriverShortGoodFistPumpLarge( 3@51),DriverShortBadTapDivot( 3@27),DriverShortVeryBadHitGround( 3@13),DriverShortOKSpinClub( 3@15),DriverShortEnglishLeft( 3@205),DriverShortBadPractice( 3@50),DriverShortVeryBadBreakClubKnee( 3@20),DriverShortEnglishForwardBody( 3@55),DriverShortOKShieldEyes( 3@30),DriverShortGoodKissClub( 3@45),DriverShortBadStompFoot( 3@50),DriverShortVeryBadBreakClubHead( 3@30)
PostFlightReactions=DriverLongGoodDoublePump( 6@44),DriverLongBadShakeHead( 6@49),DriverLongVeryBadBreakClub( 6@30),DriverLongInHoleFistPumpLarge( 5@50),DriverLongOKTapGround( 6@44),DriverLongGoodThumbsUp( 6@25),DriverLongBadHandOnHip( 6@36),DriverLongVeryBadFakeThrowClub( 6@25),DriverLongBadTapClubHead( 6@11),DriverLongOKShieldEyes( 6@201),DriverLongVeryBadKickGround( 6@40),DriverLongInHoleRaiseArms( 5@75)
PostFlightIdle=DriverCheckGrip,DriverShiftWeight,DriverTapGround,DriverLookAtClub,DriverPracticeSwing,DriverTechnicalPracticeSwing
Neutral2Stretch=DriverNeutralToDriverStretch
StretchBreath=DriverStretchBreath
Stretches=DriverStretchBackFront,DriverStretchBackBehind,DriverStretchBackBend,DriverStretchSide
Stretch2Neutral=DriverStretchToDriverNeutral
[Chip]
Address=ChipAddress
PreSwing=ChipAddressBreath,ChipAddressRelaxingBreath,ChipAddressAdjustGrip,ChipWaggle,ChipRockFeet,ChipLookAt,ChipWaggleCombo
Swing=ChipSwing( 2@28)
FinishBreath=ChipFinishBreath
Finish2Neutral=ChipFinishToIronNeutral
NeutralBreath=IronNeutralBreath
InFlightReactions=ChipShortInHoleArmsUp( 5@33),ChipShortGoodSmallPump( 3@50),ChipShortOKCleanClub( 3@45),ChipShortBadPracticeSwing( 3@84),ChipShortVeryBadHitGround( 3@50),ChipShortCloseDip( 3@25),ChipShortInHolePoint( 5@60),ChipShortGoodWave( 3@30),ChipShortOKSpinClub( 3@40),ChipShortBadShakeHead( 3@50),ChipShortVeryBadKickGround( 3@40)
PostFlightReactions=IronLongGoodSoftFistPump( 6@77),IronLongInHoleArmsUp( 5@73),IronLongInHoleFistPumpLarge( 5@36),IronLongOKCleanClub( 6@70),IronLongBadShakeHead( 6@80),IronLongVeryBadThrowClub( 6@45),IronLongGoodWave( 6@60),IronLongOKTapGround( 6@60),IronLongBadHandOnHip( 6@70),IronLongVeryBadHitClub( 6@45),IronLongEnglishRight( 6@165),IronLongEnglishLeft( 6@165),IronLongCloseDipLookUp( 6@30),IronLongEnglishForwardBody( 6@155)
PostFlightIdle=ChipPracticeSwing,IronTapGround,IronLookAtClub
Neutral2Stretch=IronNeutralToIronStretch
StretchBreath=IronStretchBreath,
Stretches=IronStretchBackFront,IronStretchBackBehind,IronStretchSide
Stretch2Neutral=IronStretchToIronNeutral
[Iron]
Address=IronAddress
PreSwing=IronAddressBreath,IronRockFeet,IronWaggle
Swing=IronSwing( 2@41),IronHalfSwing( 2@42)
FinishBreath=IronFinishBreath
Finish2Neutral=IronFinishToIronNeutral
InFlightReactions=IronShortVeryBadHitGround( 3@30),IronShortInHoleRaiseArms( 5@46),IronShortGoodDoubleFistPump( 3@40),IronShortOKCleanClub( 3@52),IronShortBadPractice( 3@63),IronShortVeryBadBreakClubHead( 3@20),IronShortEnglishRight( 3@100),IronShortEnglishLeft( 3@101),IronShortInHolePump( 5@75),IronShortGoodFistPumpLarge( 3@52),IronShortOKSpinClub( 3@30),IronShortBadTapDivot( 3@56),IronShortVeryBadBreakClubKnee( 3@55)
PostFlightReactions=IronLongGoodSoftFistPump( 6@75),IronLongInHoleArmsUp( 5@71),IronLongInHoleFistPumpLarge( 5@37),IronLongOKCleanClub( 6@20),IronLongBadShakeHead( 6@45),IronLongVeryBadThrowClub( 6@35),IronLongGoodWave( 6@35),IronLongOKTapGround( 6@45),IronLongBadHandOnHip( 6@65),IronLongVeryBadHitClub( 6@60),IronLongEnglishRight( 6@180),IronLongEnglishLeft( 6@180),IronLongCloseDipLookUp( 6@25),IronLongEnglishForwardBody( 6@145)
PostFlightIdle=IronTechnicalPracticeSwing,IronTapGround,IronLookAtClub
StretchBreath=IronStretchBreath
[Putter]
Address=PutterAddress
PreSwing=PutterAddressBreath,PutterRockFeet,PutterLookAt
Swing=PutterLong( 2@38),PutterMedium( 2@46),PutterShort( 2@39)
FinishBreath=PutterFinishBreath
Finish2Neutral=PutterFinishToPutterNeutral
NeutralBreath=PutterNeutralBreath
InFlightReactions=PutterShortInHolePoint( 5@33),PutterShortGoodSoftFistPump( 6@78),PutterShortBadHangHead( 6@24),PutterShortVeryBadHandsOnHead( 6@55),PutterShortCloseDip( 6@75),PutterShortGoodWave( 6@34),PutterShortInHoleHardPump( 5@45),PutterShortCloseDipLookUp( 6@75),PutterShortBadCheckStroke( 6@40),PutterShortVeryBadHandsOnKnees( 6@85),PutterShortInHoleRaiseandPump( 5@76),PutterShortBadTurnAway( 6@65),PutterShortVeryBadLookUp( 6@40),PutterShortBadShakeHead( 6@70),PutterShortBadForehead( 6@50)
PostFlightReactions=PutterLongVeryBadThrowClub( 6@35),PutterLongInHolePunch( 5@57),PutterLongGoodSoftFistPump( 6@61),PutterLongCloseDipLookUp( 6@110),PutterLongBadHangHead( 6@60),PutterLongGoodWave( 6@35),PutterLongBadForehead( 6@50),PutterLongInHoleArmsUp( 5@56),PutterLongCloseDipForehead( 6@75),PutterLongVeryBadHitClub( 6@60),PutterLongInHolePoint( 5@85),PutterLongGoodCap( 6@70),PutterLongBadTurnAway( 6@60),PutterLongVeryBadBreakClub( 6@56),PutterLongCloseDip( 6@82),PutterLongEnglishBody( 6@150)
PostFlightIdle=PutterPracticeSwing,PutterTapGround,PutterBrushGround,PutterFixDivot
FollowThrough=PutterShortFollowThrough,PutterLongFollowThrough,PutterMediumFollowThrough
;Neutral2Stretch=
;StretchBreath=
;Stretches=
;Stretch2Neutral=
pmgolf

Re: Anyone Know How to Use This File????

Post by pmgolf »

It looks like some kind of parameter library (or file) that is used in conjunction with one of the Links programs. Thinking you can add some new reactions or functions is pretty much a fantasy (ie. impossible), but there is a chance that some reactions could be used more (or less) frequently or not at all. I wouldn't want to get involved with someone who is looking to reengineer the Links programs - I feel sure there would be legal problems for doing it.

Pete
Big Sexy JC

Post by Big Sexy JC »

Pete,

It's already been done and the file is supplied by the developers as it's in the PolyAni folder. The NORM animation that the animasters created don't have any reactions and after looking at this script I see how they did it. I immediately was able to determine how to manipulate this script to achieve my desired results, I just don't know how to execute or use the script. I get requests for NORM modified anis, but using this I could basically add and remove reactions as requested or for each ani's "personality".

I've tried changing it to .l3 to see if the golfer utility would use it and I've tried launching it from every OS I have as a .bat or .exe. That might be what needs done, but I was really hoping at least one person on this board already knew to save me some of the "figuring it out" time.
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Looks like we're in the same boat, JC. I don't know how to execute the files either.

Pete
AKABunk

Post by AKABunk »

:unsure: Haven't looked into this at all, but . . .
my best guess is that the name "Script" is misleading. This looks more like an .ini (Intitalization) file that the application accesses as needed. It is not executable in any way by itself. . .
Big Sexy JC

Post by Big Sexy JC »

AKA,

Check the thread linked below. I eventually figured all the ani files out along with all the individual files packed together to make the ani file. That's all explained in the thread below.

https://www.linkscorner.org/phpBB/viewt ... f=8&t=1877
Big Sexy JC

Post by Big Sexy JC »

Well I knocked another one off my list tonight. I can now edit and save the Script.txt file. In order to do so you will need to use the modified versions of the Golfer Utility that I just uploaded at the link below. Before tonight you were able to edit all the other .txt files using my modified golfer utility, but it wouldn't let you save an edited Script.txt file. This prevented you from customizing apparel and the emotions of the golfer. Now you can do that. I've pasted below some changes that I've made that are 100% showing up in the game.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Notice the bold items below. These are changes from the original script.txt below.

Below is my modified Script.txt file that changes the apparel titles and removes the emotions.

;SOS
;edited by msnyder 05-29-2002
[Details]
Name=Nick Price;this is the display name of the golfer
Cumstomizable Parts=3;number of textures that are customizable in the game
Customizable Mesh=1; this is a 1 or a 0, 1 if there is a customizable mesh, 0 otherwise
Extrema=crownLocator buttLocator LeftToeEnd RightToeEnd brimLocator leftShoulderLocator rightShoulderLocator RightElbow LeftElbow RightMiddleKnuckle LeftMiddleKnuckle rightHeelLocator leftHeelLocator clubJoint

[file_locations]
; any files that are needed by this animation that are not listed here are assumed to be in the same archive as this script

[customizable part 1]
Title=Sexy Hats
Varieties=4
Textures=2
Texture1=L_S01_hat01_%%.BMP
Texture2=L_S01_hat01_%%_R.BMP

[customizable part 2]
Title=Sexy Outfits
Varieties=6
Textures=3
Texture1=L_S01_Shirt01_%%.BMP
Texture2=L_S01_Shirt01_CLR_%%.BMP
Texture3=L_S01_Pants01_%%.BMP

[customizable part 3]
Title=Sexy Shoes
Varieties=4
Textures=1
Texture1=L_S01_SHOE_%%.BMP

;Event Key
;0 = Top of Backswing
;1 = Play swing sound
;2 = Launch the ball
;3 = Ball Lands
;5 = Ball in hole
;6 = Ball stops rolling

[Driver]
Address=DriverAddress
PreSwing=DriverAddressBreath,DriverAddressRelaxingBreath,DriverRockFeet,DriverWaggle,DriverLookAt,DriverWaggleCombo
Swing=DriverSwing( 2@38)
InFlightReactions=
PostFlightReactions=

PostFlightIdle=DriverCheckGrip,DriverShiftWeight,DriverTapGround,DriverLookAtClub,DriverPracticeSwing,DriverTechnicalPracticeSwing
Stretches=DriverStretchBackFront,DriverStretchBackBehind,DriverStretchBackBend,DriverStretchSide
[Chip]
Address=ChipAddress
PreSwing=ChipAddressBreath,ChipAddressRelaxingBreath,ChipAddressAdjustGrip,ChipWaggle,ChipRockFeet,ChipLookAt,ChipWaggleCombo
Swing=ChipSwing( 2@28)
InFlightReactions=
PostFlightReactions=

[Iron]
Address=IronAddress
PreSwing=IronAddressBreath,IronLookAt,IronRockFeet,IronWaggle,IronWaggleCombo
Swing=IronSwing( 2@37),IronHalfSwing( 2@41)
InFlightReactions=
PostFlightReactions=

[Putter]
Address=PutterAddress
PreSwing=PutterAddressBreath,PutterRockFeet,PutterLookAt,PutterWaggleCombo,PutterCleanClubPants,PutterShakeArm
Swing=PutterLong( 2@32),PutterMedium( 2@30),PutterShort( 2@30)
InFlightReactions=
PostFlightReactions=

PostFlightIdle=PutterPracticeSwing,PutterTapGround,PutterBrushGround,PutterFixDivot
FollowThrough=PutterShortFollowThrough,PutterLongFollowThrough,PutterMediumFollowThrough
;Neutral2Stretch=
;StretchBreath=
;Stretches=
;Stretch2Neutral=

Below is the original Script.txt with the generic apparel titles and in flight and post flight reactions.

;ANIPRO1
;edited by Pete 05-07-2009
[Details]
Name=anipro1;this is the display name of the golfer
Cumstomizable Parts=5;number of textures that are customizable in the game

[file_locations]

[customizable part 1]
Title=Caps
Varieties=12
Textures=2
Texture1=L_S01_hat01_%%.bmp
Texture2=L_S01_hat01_%%_R.bmp

[customizable part 2]
Title=Face
Varieties=10
Textures=4
Texture1=L_S01_Face_%%.bmp
Texture2=L_S01_Eye_%%.bmp
Texture3=L_S01_Skin_%%.bmp
Texture4=L_S01_SkinG_%%.bmp

[customizable part 3]
Title=Shirts
Varieties=20
Textures=2
Texture1=L_S01_Shirt01_%%.bmp
Texture2=L_S01_Shirt01_CLR_%%.bmp

[customizable part 4]
Title=Pants
Varieties=20
Textures=1
Texture1=L_S01_Pants01_%%.bmp

[customizable part 5]
Title=Shoes
Varieties=12
Textures=1
Texture1=L_S01_SHOE_%%.bmp

;Event Key
;0 = Top of Backswing
;1 = Play swing sound
;2 = Launch the ball
;3 = Ball Lands
;5 = Ball in hole
;6 = Ball stops rolling

[Driver]
Address=DriverAddress
PreSwing=DriverAddressBreath,DriverAddressRelaxingBreath,DriverRockFeet,DriverWaggle,DriverLookAt,DriverWaggleCombo
Swing=DriverSwing( 2@38)
InFlightReactions=DriverShortGoodFistPumpSmall( 3@67),DriverShortEnglishRight( 3@205),DriverShortGoodFistPumpLarge( 3@51),DriverShortBadTapDivot( 3@27),DriverShortVeryBadHitGround( 3@13),DriverShortOKSpinClub( 3@15),DriverShortEnglishLeft( 3@205),DriverShortBadPractice( 3@50),DriverShortVeryBadBreakClubKnee( 3@20),DriverShortEnglishForwardBody( 3@55),DriverShortOKShieldEyes( 3@30),DriverShortGoodKissClub( 3@45),DriverShortBadStompFoot( 3@50),DriverShortVeryBadBreakClubHead( 3@30)
PostFlightReactions=DriverLongGoodDoublePump( 6@44),DriverLongBadShakeHead( 6@49),DriverLongVeryBadBreakClub( 6@30),DriverLongInHoleFistPumpLarge( 5@50),DriverLongOKTapGround( 6@44),DriverLongGoodThumbsUp( 6@25),DriverLongBadHandOnHip( 6@36),DriverLongVeryBadFakeThrowClub( 6@25),DriverLongBadTapClubHead( 6@11),DriverLongOKShieldEyes( 6@201),DriverLongVeryBadKickGround( 6@40),DriverLongInHoleRaiseArms( 5@75)

[Chip]
Address=ChipAddress
Swing=ChipSwing( 2@28)
InFlightReactions=ChipShortInHoleArmsUp( 5@33),ChipShortGoodSmallPump( 3@50),ChipShortOKCleanClub( 3@45),ChipShortBadPracticeSwing( 3@84),ChipShortVeryBadHitGround( 3@50),ChipShortCloseDip( 3@25),ChipShortInHolePoint( 5@60),ChipShortGoodWave( 3@30),ChipShortOKSpinClub( 3@40),ChipShortBadShakeHead( 3@50),ChipShortVeryBadKickGround( 3@40)
PostFlightReactions=IronLongGoodSoftFistPump( 6@77),IronLongInHoleArmsUp( 5@73),IronLongInHoleFistPumpLarge( 5@36),IronLongOKCleanClub( 6@70),IronLongBadShakeHead( 6@80),IronLongVeryBadThrowClub( 6@45),IronLongGoodWave( 6@60),IronLongOKTapGround( 6@60),IronLongBadHandOnHip( 6@70),IronLongVeryBadHitClub( 6@45),IronLongEnglishRight( 6@165),IronLongEnglishLeft( 6@165),IronLongCloseDipLookUp( 6@30),IronLongEnglishForwardBody( 6@155)

[Iron]
Address=IronAddress
PreSwing=IronAddressBreath,IronLookAt,IronRockFeet,IronWaggle,IronWaggleCombo
Swing=IronSwing( 2@37),IronHalfSwing( 2@41)
InFlightReactions=IronShortVeryBadHitGround( 3@30),IronShortInHoleRaiseArms( 5@46),IronShortGoodDoubleFistPump( 3@40),IronShortOKCleanClub( 3@52),IronShortBadPractice( 3@63),IronShortVeryBadBreakClubHead( 3@20),IronShortEnglishRight( 3@100),IronShortEnglishLeft( 3@101),IronShortInHolePump( 5@75),IronShortGoodFistPumpLarge( 3@52),IronShortOKSpinClub( 3@30),IronShortBadTapDivot( 3@56),IronShortVeryBadBreakClubKnee( 3@55)
PostFlightReactions=IronLongGoodSoftFistPump( 6@75),IronLongInHoleArmsUp( 5@71),IronLongInHoleFistPumpLarge( 5@37),IronLongOKCleanClub( 6@20),IronLongBadShakeHead( 6@45),IronLongVeryBadThrowClub( 6@35),IronLongGoodWave( 6@35),IronLongOKTapGround( 6@45),IronLongBadHandOnHip( 6@65),IronLongVeryBadHitClub( 6@60),IronLongEnglishRight( 6@180),IronLongEnglishLeft( 6@180),IronLongCloseDipLookUp( 6@25),IronLongEnglishForwardBody( 6@145)

[Putter]
Address=PutterAddress
PreSwing=PutterAddressBreath,PutterRockFeet,PutterLookAt,PutterWaggleCombo,PutterCleanClubPants,PutterShakeArm
Swing=PutterLong( 2@32),PutterMedium( 2@30),PutterShort( 2@31)
InFlightReactions=PutterShortInHolePoint( 5@33),PutterShortGoodSoftFistPump( 6@78),PutterShortBadHangHead( 6@24),PutterShortVeryBadHandsOnHead( 6@55),PutterShortCloseDip( 6@75),PutterShortGoodWave( 6@34),PutterShortInHoleHardPump( 5@45),PutterShortCloseDipLookUp( 6@75),PutterShortBadCheckStroke( 6@40),PutterShortVeryBadHandsOnKnees( 6@85),PutterShortInHoleRaiseandPump( 5@76),PutterShortBadTurnAway( 6@65),PutterShortVeryBadLookUp( 6@40),PutterShortBadShakeHead( 6@70),PutterShortBadForehead( 6@50)
PostFlightReactions=PutterLongVeryBadThrowClub( 6@35),PutterLongInHolePunch( 5@57),PutterLongGoodSoftFistPump( 6@61),PutterLongCloseDipLookUp( 6@110),PutterLongBadHangHead( 6@60),PutterLongGoodWave( 6@35),PutterLongBadForehead( 6@50),PutterLongInHoleArmsUp( 5@56),PutterLongCloseDipForehead( 6@75),PutterLongVeryBadHitClub( 6@60),PutterLongInHolePoint( 5@85),PutterLongGoodCap( 6@70),PutterLongBadTurnAway( 6@60),PutterLongVeryBadBreakClub( 6@56),PutterLongCloseDip( 6@82),PutterLongEnglishBody( 6@150)

;Neutral2Stretch=
;StretchBreath=
;Stretches=
;Stretch2Neutral=
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

I think that Script could work with another Script that is in the game somewhere,just like PHP Scripts work with one another, but could be wrong.
Big Sexy JC

Post by Big Sexy JC »

Daniel,

Nothing more left to discover with the file now. I've been trying to figure it out since I originally posted on March 31st of this year. Last night it was solved. I know exactly how it works, what all it impacts, how to modify it, etc.. I just wanted to post that if any want to play around with it they will need an updated version of the golfer utility to do so.

I've torn this game apart in a hex editor for more than half a year and figured a lot of stuff out about 20 years later than anyone really cares about except for maybe a few on this forum. Figuring this script.txt file out was the most difficult nut to crack, but definitely the one I'm the proudest of. The animasters (essentially Microsoft employees) had a program that allowed them to customize animations. If I had that program back in the day I would've been cranking out animations on a daily basis.

What I figured out though was how to reverse what their program did automatically and now I can replicate it with a more labor intensive step by step process, but the end result is now the same.
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Very nice, JC. A question. I like to use an animation that simply hits a shot, and then stands there and watches it - like a pro golfer, without all the animated, club-kicking reactions. Right now I use Sir Sean Connery or JH Taylor. Are there any more animations like them now? Thanks!

Pete