Hello

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.
Stephen27

Hello

Post by Stephen27 »

New member here from just outside Glasgow in Scotland. Have played this wonderful game from its first versions onward.
Hope to try my hand at the APCD in the near future and hopefully recreate my home course of Crowwood that I had to sadly stop playing as a young man due to Arthritis.
pmgolf

Re: Hello

Post by pmgolf »

Welcome Stephen27! I'm pretty new to the APCD, too. You'll find that a lot of people will come to your aid in "Designer's Corner" when you encounter a problem with it. There are some very knowledgable people here. Also, there is a tutorial that was written by Lez Marwick, and consists of youtube lessons. Here it is:

https://linkscorner.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=49

See what you think!

Pete
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Welcome aboard! I'm sure that you'll find APCD as easy as pie!
BTW on an unrelated issue...I see that you're in Glasgow...have you ever visited Stranraer? Our ancestral castle is there.
And if you're into curling you've come to thr right place too (at least one of us).
I hope that the Scottish Federation still has Eve's phone number!πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„
Stephen27

Post by Stephen27 »

Jimbo wrote: ↑March 31st, 2023, 3:33 am Welcome aboard! I'm sure that you'll find APCD as easy as pie!
BTW on an unrelated issue...I see that you're in Glasgow...have you ever visited Stranraer? Our ancestral castle is there.
And if you're into curling you've come to thr right place too (at least one of us).
I hope that the Scottish Federation still has Eve's phone number!πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„
Hi Jimbo.
I have a reasonable acquaintance with Stranraer as its not too far away from my home, have visited on day trips, and have had experience of taking the ferry a couple of times to Ireland from the port there.
I trust the "Eve's phone number" reference is regarding the wonderful Eve Muirhead. Obviously very proud as a Scot of the great international achievements of our Curling teams. I mentioned in my "Hello" Post that my home course is Crowwood. Coincidentally, my home village/town is called Muirhead( on the A80 Stirling road east of Glasgow) and on it's outskirts is my home course.
Thanks for the warm welcome.
Stephen27

Post by Stephen27 »

pmgolf wrote: ↑March 31st, 2023, 12:56 am Welcome Stephen27! I'm pretty new to the APCD, too. You'll find that a lot of people will come to your aid in "Designer's Corner" when you encounter a problem with it. There are some very knowledgable people here. Also, there is a tutorial that was written by Lez Marwick, and consists of youtube lessons. Here it is:

https://linkscorner.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=49

See what you think!

Pete
Thanks Pete. Good advice.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Hi Stephen...you're spot on about Ms. Muirhead. Her presence at the World's was, shall we say "missed"!πŸ˜„πŸ˜„
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Stephen27 wrote: ↑March 31st, 2023, 12:29 am New member here from just outside Glasgow in Scotland. Have played this wonderful game from its first versions onward.
Hope to try my hand at the APCD in the near future and hopefully recreate my home course of Crowwood that I had to sadly stop playing as a young man due to Arthritis.
Hi Stephen...
If you've not already heard, I would caution you to not click what we call "The Box of Death". When you start your course, you will see an option to "Use Non-Regulation holes". DO NOT choose that option. It causes errors in the course later on, which can't be corrected.

Good luck,

Dan
Last edited by Danny D on April 2nd, 2023, 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Please allow me to correct that typo, Dan. "Do not choose that option"! There are reasons it is called "The box of death".

Pete
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

pmgolf wrote: ↑April 2nd, 2023, 12:23 pm Please allow me to correct that typo, Dan. "Do not choose that option"! There are reasons it is called "The box of death".

Pete
:oops: Thank you for the correction Pete. :tiphat:
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Stephen27

Post by Stephen27 »

Danny D wrote: ↑April 2nd, 2023, 3:19 am
Stephen27 wrote: ↑March 31st, 2023, 12:29 am New member here from just outside Glasgow in Scotland. Have played this wonderful game from its first versions onward.
Hi Stephen...
If you've not already heard, I would caution you to not click what we call "The Box of Death". When you start your course, you will see an option to "Use Non-Regulation holes". DO NOT choose that option. It causes errors in the course later on, which can't be corrected.

Good luck,

Dan
Thanks for the advice Dan.