Augusta National 2023

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
linkster

Augusta National 2023

Post by linkster »

Looks like my updated version of Augusta National is ready to go. Put all you comments and criticisms here. :tomato:
EJ55

Re: Augusta National 2023

Post by EJ55 »

That's a pleasant surprise!

I'm going to enjoy this come masters week and before!

Thanks for all you've been doing!
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

Thanks Daniel,

Looks go after the first go round

Glenn
johnmilligan

Post by johnmilligan »

Looks very good in many respects but I prefer colors of teeing areas, fairways and rough in the 2009/2010 version.
guitarget2019

Post by guitarget2019 »

Thanks, for what must have been a lot of work. :thumbup:
MrT

Post by MrT »

I like it!! :thumbup:
I would say that some holes play easier than the previous version, others more difficult (I play it in F/Fc). The major pluses is that some holes feel more natural. Some greens are really hard to putt from afar (at least in F/Fc) and I mean that you cannot even think of trying to hole it from past certain distances unless one gets lucky. However, no "monkey business" on greens.. all legitimate. No idiotic hole placements (at least those I tested)

Only feature that surprised me is that I am looking at the hole from where I stand and I think I must be 20-25 yards from the hole at least, and then I look the info and I am about half the distance. Also, in 5-6 instances from outside the green I got the putter from the "caddy" and indeed it was ok to putt. Is that something you did on purpose?

I prefer your colors to the previous ones, but that is subjective, of course.

Thank you a

PS. It makes no difference to me as I am not on APCD and I am not going to be, but is locking the course the best option? It is a great course and I would hate for it to end up like Oakmont that has some issues but they will never be fixed since the original author is no longer interested in it and the course is locked for anyone else.
chad

Post by chad »

Hi Linkster,
Great beta release! Can you please post the traditional pin position numbers for Saturday and Sunday rounds? :cheers1: :thumbup:
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Daniel,
I love the planting, what a job. :clapping:
I have played one round and found no problems, other than my bad golf.
I have never noticed before how much fringe there is around the greens.
A beautiful rendition of a classic course, well done.
:cheers1:
Ian
72Animal

Post by 72Animal »

Thank you Linkster for this great rendition! I played this last night with a friend in match against the AI. Loved the course and your planting. If you are thinking of some 3d for the course I like that kind of work and would help if you wanted.

Our AI did not adjust well to the fringe/green, chipping across the green twice (M/M) on different holes...both times they chipped into the fringe expecting a bounce that was 'softer' but of course the ball raced out. I don't think they actually found themselves on the fringe on any holes..they would putt from the fringe I assume? Hmm. I'll have to test that somehow.

I'm curious what your workflow was like with this one. I assume this and making LIDAR-based files for people is sucking away your Links/APCD time. Are you terrain-painting or shape-inserting when working with your LIDAR files? It's the green elevations that stick out the most in my mind across all of our community's versions of Augusta...the shelves and tiers and slopes. I found your version 'smoother' than others, if that makes sense. The elevations I expect to be there, for instance the 2 tiers to the green on No 5 or the back right tier on No 6, are there, but not as stark in height change as other versions? Which was good in our opinion. You are going to make me play all my versions of Augusta now to be able to compare!

Thanks again for a great course!
Paul44

Post by Paul44 »

Great Course, thanks.
The toughest shot in golf is your next one.