Poll: Which course would yo like to see first?

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.

Which one first?

Poll ended at March 22nd, 2023, 3:02 pm

Seminole
47%
National Golf Links of America
53%

Total votes: 36

Jimbo

Re: Poll: Which course would yo like to see first?

Post by Jimbo »

Always willing to help! :clapping:
Attachments
Just a little FYI...
Just a little FYI...
National Golf Links.jpg (9.76 KiB) Viewed 2888 times
gene_golf

Post by gene_golf »

Both courses around for long time and highly rated. Saw Seminole when McIlRoy was in tv match a couple of years back. Hopefully these done soon, so as might get on to other real courses. Here might include Los Angeles North course to host upcoming US Open this year. In most recent Golf Digest ranking course was ranked #10. About a third of courses are new to list and some have been around for a long time, while others recently designed are just getting noticed.
https://golf.com/travel/courses/top-100 ... 3-ranking/
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

gene_golf wrote: February 26th, 2023, 6:25 pm Hopefully these done soon, so as might get on to other real courses. Here might include Los Angeles North course to host upcoming US Open this year. In most recent Golf Digest ranking course was ranked #10.
They won't be done anytime soon and hopefully someone had the foresight to do LACC before the open :dunno: . BTW Gene, did you vote for the one you would like to see?
gene_golf

Post by gene_golf »

braden1308 wrote: February 26th, 2023, 11:15 pm
gene_golf wrote: February 26th, 2023, 6:25 pm Hopefully these done soon, so as might get on to other real courses. Here might include Los Angeles North course to host upcoming US Open this year. In most recent Golf Digest ranking course was ranked #10.
They won't be done anytime soon and hopefully someone had the foresight to do LACC before the open :dunno: . BTW Gene, did you vote for the one you would like to see?
Glenn, I went back and chose Seminole, although believe it dropped a few spots in most recent Golf Digest poll, whereas National Golf Links rated #4. Friar's Head nearby to National Golf Links rated #9 and a few other similar courses nearby also rated in top 100 USA courses. Regarding Los Angeles North---US Open comes about in June. I was hoping that with your past history of accurately designing real courses that you might think of doing this course as it will host a major and I do so enjoy playing courses the same week as pros do. PGA Honda is one of yours I believe.
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

gene_golf wrote: February 27th, 2023, 12:02 am
braden1308 wrote: February 26th, 2023, 11:15 pm
Glenn, I went back and chose Seminole, although believe it dropped a few spots in most recent Golf Digest poll, whereas National Golf Links rated #4. Friar's Head nearby to National Golf Links rated #9 and a few other similar courses nearby also rated in top 100 USA courses. Regarding Los Angeles North---US Open comes about in June. I was hoping that with your past history of accurately designing real courses that you might think of doing this course as it will host a major and I do so enjoy playing courses the same week as pros do. PGA Honda is one of yours I believe.

Yes Gene, PGA National is one of mine, I worked with Doug Hurst on that. I am always looking at the future for something we don't have, so LACC, well lets just say..................... :whistle:
chad

Post by chad »

I chose Seminole, since it's been asked by many LC members about for years, it seems. :thumbup:
EJ55

Post by EJ55 »

If the OP choses to do NGLA I'll be glad to do Seminole If provided with the file.

I've laid the groundwork for Seminole for some time ago but was never able to get the elevation detail good enough to where I'd be happy with the outcome. Case in point.

The last thing I'd like to do is step on the OPs toes, If he plans on taking it up I'm certain it will be enjoyable or Linksters outstanding work should find my way I'd be glad to get started.

Have a blessed day all!
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

Eddie,

Glad to see you back, it would great to see you do Seminole, I would be glad to take on NLGA :cheers1:

Glenn
EJ55

Post by EJ55 »

Thank you Glenn for the kindness! Best wishes to you! :smile:
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

EJ55 wrote: March 9th, 2023, 4:40 am Thank you Glenn for the kindness! Best wishes to you! :smile:
Thanks Eddie, always enjoyed your work and the ability you have to bring a course to life.