I Figured It Out...New Player Anis Coming

Discuss Golfer Animations, Clothing, Clubs, MOP's, Soundscripts, Seasons, Rosters and all Career Mode related plus any External Programs here.
sagevanni

Re: I Figured It Out...New Player Anis Coming

Post by sagevanni »

FANTASTIC job....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sage........ :cheers1:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
Captain Nemo

Post by Captain Nemo »

Big Sexy JC wrote: June 24th, 2023, 1:49 pm Below is the link for all the anis I've made to this point.

Thanks for the link Big Sexy. I 'm sort of stuck. I don't know how to get these players into the game. I found the Poli-Ani folder and saw that I already had about 50 .L3 files there but, in my game, when I select "players" only the original players like Sergio, Anika, David Toms etc. show up. Also there are SSF files with similar names which I assume are players I created based on those originals (they show up renamed and redressed), when I am setting up to play a course and want company and select "players" there). None of the L3 files already in that folder ever show up in the Game? Any help/advice would be appreciated?
Thanks again Dave
I always wanted to write something intelligent in my signature. Now that I think about it, I guess I just did! :clapping: :smile:
Big Sexy JC

Post by Big Sexy JC »

Dave,

So I think understand your issue. The .L3 files are only animations that can be assigned to a player that is created in the game (a .pin file). Created players can be human players or AI players. In order to assign the .L3 files to a player file, you must first create the player file. There's a chance I've done some of that work for you in the way of AI players. If you look in the folder below you will find every AI created player that I've used in my historical replay. They are sorted by year. Simply download a player and put it in the correct folder (ex: C:\Users\youruserid\Documents\Links 2003\Players) and then you can assign the animation (.L3 file) to the player. Hopefully that helps, but just yell if not.

All AI players from 1980-2022 in below link.

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/fold ... WSyxM8vNZV
Captain Nemo

Post by Captain Nemo »

Big Sexy JC wrote: June 26th, 2023, 10:44 pm Dave,

So I think understand your issue.

Thanks for following up BSJC. :thumbup: I had also posted on the Tech Problems forum and received a similar response there yesterday so I was good to go on the proper player usage. Strangely, in the create player option of the game, when I chose Corey Conners and then selected photos all of the photos you had as .bmp's (1,300+) in the players list you originally sent me showed up; so I am guessing you, or another smart associate, had arranged to have them all added to Links at some point.
Now happily building new PGA computer players to play against ... Dave :cheers1:
I always wanted to write something intelligent in my signature. Now that I think about it, I guess I just did! :clapping: :smile:
Big Sexy JC

Post by Big Sexy JC »

Dave,

Actually the BMPs archive was created by someone else on the forum (thanks whoever you are) and is in no way a list of animations that will be created by me. I've knocked out around 100 of them and will certainly do more, but probably not 1200 more.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Captain Nemo wrote: June 27th, 2023, 5:04 pm
Big Sexy JC wrote: June 26th, 2023, 10:44 pm Dave,

So I think understand your issue.

Thanks for following up BSJC. :thumbup: I had also posted on the Tech Problems forum and received a similar response there yesterday so I was good to go on the proper player usage. Strangely, in the create player option of the game, when I chose Corey Conners and then selected photos all of the photos you had as .bmp's (1,300+) in the players list you originally sent me showed up; so I am guessing you, or another smart associate, had arranged to have them all added to Links at some point.
Now happily building new PGA computer players to play against ... Dave :cheers1:
Hi Captain-I took Corey too...you might still have time to change it to Nick! :whistle:
Big Sexy JC

Post by Big Sexy JC »

Alright Jimbo. My son's baseball is over and I have a little more free time now. I've already started working on the Presidents Cup uniforms. That should be pretty easy to knock out. The harder part might be knowing how you want these done. For example, do you want separate anis for each player with the Pres. Cup uniforms as their apparel? Or, do you want an anipro1 type of ani where you have the entire team in one ani and you can just select the face you want to use? There are a few ways I can attack this. Just let me know what you are thinking.

I think I've already created the entire American team except for maybe Max Homa. I'll get him created and then start working on the missing international team players. I'm basically just creating a face though so shouldn't be too big of a task.

On a completely unrelated note, I just finished up the 1988 anis and I've uploaded them to the Google share. They are listed below.

Chip Beck
Ken Green
Sandy Lyle
Dave Rummells
Gene Sauers
badgolfer1

Post by badgolfer1 »

Logos of President's Cup ani for International team or Ryder Cup anis for USA and Euro teams be it on upper left chest or on sleeves if player is wearing a sweater vest are hard to make out and darned near impossible to see at all if player is wearing a striped shirt. I have a few shirts from Polo with course logos on them and some were from majors where customers balked at high prices and courses returned them back to Polo for credit. Not sure how could make logos look real here in Links even using closeup view without making them ginormous and will look in to see what is done for any of these new anis. I write this as in my opinion I believe Jimbo errs in his comment bringing up the thought about logos being able to be realistically created for Links anis.
Re: Golfer Utility
Post by Jimbo » Fri Jul 14, 2023 1:32 am
Did you say that there was a way of putting logos one sweaters?
I have a few ideas, based on the real things...I can send you another PM if you want to take a gander-some of them are from golf shirts that I purchased (over my wife's objections :whistle: )

Looking at results President's Cup was played last year at Quail Hollow, 2024 will be at Royal Montreal, 2026 will be at Medinah #3 and just announced will be played at Kingston Heath in 2028.
chad

Post by chad »

The Ken Green ANI seems to be MIA :smile:
Big Sexy JC

Post by Big Sexy JC »

Chad,

Sorry about that. It's out there now.

badgolfer,

Putting logos that are recognizable shouldn't be a problem at all. I've put branding and logos on almost every ani I've made from the years 2015 to the present. You can check any of those anis out and see that it shows up fine in the game. I have all the mapping of logos in a notepad so I know exactly where to place them and how big to make them so they look right on the anis.