I Figured It Out...New Player Anis Coming

Discuss Golfer Animations, Clothing, Clubs, MOP's, Soundscripts, Seasons, Rosters and all Career Mode related plus any External Programs here.
Big Sexy JC

Re: I Figured It Out...New Player Anis Coming

Post by Big Sexy JC »

I was going to do the 1984 players, but that season is basically over in my replay so I went ahead and went with 1985 instead. Slightly different list of players and I decided to do a few we already had old anis for (Greg Norman, Ben Crenshaw and Tom Watson). These are all now available for download.

As for some special features on these, the classic Craig Stadler mustache was a challenge, but turned out pretty well. Wish we had a different body type to use with him, but oh well. The Greg Norman ani has all shark logo apparel and hats. The Tom Kite huge glasses that he wore show up great in the game and make me laugh every time I look at that ani. Also tried to get the Curtis Strange salt and pepper hair to show up. I was a little disappointed in how it looked in the game, but trust me, in the TGA file it's salt and pepper.

Visors:
Andy Bean
Ben Crenshaw
Bruce Lietzke
Gil Morgan
Lanny Wadkins
Peter Jacobsen
Raymond Floyd
Tom Kite

Hats:
Craig Stadler
Curtis Strange
Fuzzy Zoeller
Greg Norman
Hal Sutton
John Mahaffey
Mark O'Meara
Tom Watson
PinHi

Post by PinHi »

Hi JC
Very nice of you to work on new or improved ani`s. This is my review of those already uploaded.
Just my take on them - hope you don`t mind?

Andy Bean -- Face darker than arms and not very clear face
Ben Crenshaw -- Face just looks strange or unclear
Greg Norman -- Hair too white
John Mahaffey -- Just does`nt look right
Jordan Spieth -- Skin too light especially on face
Lanny Watkins -- Face not very clear
Mark O`meara -- Face too dark
Raymond Floyd -- Face darker than arms
Russell Henley -- Face too light
Tiger Woods -- Face too dark
Tom Watson -- Looks like someone drained out all his blood
Tom Kite -- Face not very clear

Now the okay ones

Aaron Baddeley Bo Van Pelt Craig Stadler
Fuzzy Zoeller Gil Morgan Graham Delaet
Hunter Mahan Jason Dufner Justin Rose
Keegan Bradley Lee Trevino Steve Stricker
Trevor Immelman Webb Simpson Zack Johnson

The Good Ones

Peter Jacobsen Rory Sabatini

Awesome

Dustin Johnson Jon Rahm Vijay Singh

I Found that Anipro1, Adam Scott, Angel Cabrera, Bubba Watson
Henrik Stenson, Jim Furyk, Paul Casey, Rickie Fowler and some others have
a nice skin pigment - as a comparison

To me some just did not have a very clear face or skin was too dark or light on face
Sometimes when i want to make a new player, I will go with Anipro1 or some other
clear face.
Just my own view from these tired old eyes. Appreciate you even taking on
this endeavor. Thanks. :yes:
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

You might have to add a couple of Canucks after this weekend! :clapping:
PinHi

Post by PinHi »

JC
Good anis Jimmy Walker, Brendon Todd - nice one of Charl Schwartzel and a very good one of Jason day - in my opinion for what it`s worth. Thanks.
Any chance you are able to change name from Criag Stadler to Craig Stadler? Thanks for all that you are doing! :yes:
Guitarzan

Post by Guitarzan »

I don't think Stadler has never been that thin. :rofl: It would be great if we could manipulate the models to show different body types. I've tried a number of 3D programs to try that but I can't get any to open the L3 file.
Big Sexy JC

Post by Big Sexy JC »

The below 2014 players are complete and available for download. These all have the correct facial alignment and facial and arm skintones that I mention below.

2014 Season
Jason Day
Charl Schwartzel
Ryan Palmer
Jimmy Walker
Brendon Todd
Justin Leonard

PinHi,

Thanks for the feedback. Keep it coming. My goal is for every ani to make your awesome list. To your point, I've really struggled getting the skintones to look right, but in the last several days I've resolved that issue. You should see skintones now that match the players real life skintone almost exactly. The arms will also match the face skintone. The other point on your feedback is some of the faces just not looking right. I agree with you and that's been the second biggest learning curve for me to solve.

The game is very picky on the size and alignment of the key facial features (eyes, nose, mouth) and if you miss that mark for any of the features by even a line or two it can cause things to look funky. I had to do a bunch of testing over the last several days to diagram that all out and take notes on it so moving forward it won't be an issue. That's the good news. The bad news is I now have to freaking redo a bunch of faces and skintones to fix the issues you mention in your post with several of the anis.

My last point on some of the technical elements to this is the garbage in, garbage out theory. I've had a hard time finding the "right" pics for some of the anis either because of lighting, angle, distance, age, etc.. I know this may sound anal, but I don't want a current picture of Craig Stadler when I'm creating an ani of him from 1985, but finding the right pic from 1985 to use for the ani is very difficult. Stadler is just an example as it applies to several from that time period. Another example of this is Jimmy Walker. He's been all over the place with facial hair or no facial hair over the years so I had to make a decision on what to use. I went with a light facial hair look that I think turned out pretty decent.

I'll send out an update as I fix and re-upload some of these. I want them all to get promoted to that awesome list, but it will take me some time to get back to all of them.
morvio100

Post by morvio100 »

Hey JC, good job on the TW ani....however, I may be wrong here but seems to me you created it with a goatee beard, thus slighlty less recognizable,,the colgate whiter than white teeth are there lol, no mistake...maybe create a T Woods ani without the beard...all in all...great work...fantastic level of output of ani's... :clapping:
PinHi

Post by PinHi »

JC
Just renaming Craig Stadler from Criag does not change the golfer model in game. It is still Criag - I tried it even changing name to The Walrus and in Golfer model in game still shows as Criag Stadler so then I had two of them. May need to build from scratch again. :bookh:
Check out Webb Simpson - it just does`nt look right with long sweater on arms. Be better without long sleeves or maybe with white sleeves it would be better. :dunno: . Hope that did`nt ruin your day.
Big Sexy JC

Post by Big Sexy JC »

PinHi,

Craig Stadler is fixed. I also went through all 45 anis that I've made to this point and made sure skintones were good along with matching arm skins. Also made sure that each face was properly aligned on the model so they would show up properly. I have 4 more to do, but those should be wrapped up and uploaded sometime later tonight/tomorrow.

Also uploaded a surprise. A new Tiger Woods has been created. This one is the baby face version to go along with the goatee version. Enjoy that one and the improved others. Can't wait to hear your feedback. My goal is to have zero in the sucky category and a lot more in the good and awesome categories. I better get bonus points for the extra Tiger though.
morvio100

Post by morvio100 »

Hey JC, good effort on the young TW,, the skin tone looks off, almost Caucasian, the 1st TW is almost perfect(skin tone looks right), great work nonetheless :clapping: