POOR JIM NANZ

Enough of the Links talk! Use this forum for real golf and other topics but no religion or politics.
JimEvers37

Re: POOR JIM NANZ

Post by JimEvers37 »

Jimbo,

Too funny that you posted on this today, when I finally got to sit down to watch football and Miguel Cabrera's last baseball game, I laughed when I heard Jim Nantz's voice on the Buffalo-Miami game thinking that at least he wasn't near NYC with all the rain and flooding.

JimEvers37

PS-Hoping to finish watching the Grand Final game this evening
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

It was a "Grand" Final!πŸ‘πŸ‘Œ
JimEvers37

Post by JimEvers37 »

Being a 53 year long resident of the Metro Detroit area, I have a soft spot for Lions, was hoping Brisbane would come out victorious, especially after the comeback they made the week prior, where they were down 36-2 after 1 quarter and won by more than 20! With the start to the NFL season my Detroit Lions have made (3-1 record) and looking at the CFL British Columbia Lions, they are 12-4, 2nd in the West and clinched a playoff spot, was hoping maybe a Lions triumvirate across the NFL, AFL and CFL!
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Right now rhe Argos are using a lot of their bench-they clinched the East a couple of weeks ago.
The Lions and Blue Bomers had a great game on Friday night-Winnipeg came from behind to win in OT.
It looks like a Grey Cup rematch is in the works.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Guess who's calling the Steeler-Bills game.
Don't kid yourself-the NFL didn't postpone the game-Jim demanded a 24 hour delay in hopes that an outburst of Global Warming.would hit the Niagara Frontier!πŸ˜€
IT'S BUFFALO FOR PETE'S SAKE! what are they expecting??? They're playing the Steelers-Pittsburgh isn't exactly a tropical city and by moving the starting time it'll be even colder (barring that Global Warming)...this is Buffalo's home field advantage-they worked hard to get it and now the league is trying to take it away!
Too bad Jim-at least the PGA comes back to the mainland next week.πŸ˜€ He won't have to come back to the area until the Canadian Open in Toronto (where else)?
In the meantime they should call the Anchor Bar, get 80,000 "Suicide" meals sent to Orchard Park and PLAY THE DAMN GAME!
Kunkleman

Post by Kunkleman »

Jimbo wrote: ↑January 13th, 2024, 10:43 pm Guess who's calling the Steeler-Bills game.
Don't kid yourself-the NFL didn't postpone the game-Jim demanded a 24 hour delay in hopes that an outburst of Global Warming.would hit the Niagara Frontier!πŸ˜€
IT'S BUFFALO FOR PETE'S SAKE! what are they expecting??? They're playing the Steelers-Pittsburgh isn't exactly a tropical city and by moving the starting time it'll be even colder (barring that Global Warming)...this is Buffalo's home field advantage-they worked hard to get it and now the league is trying to take it away!
Too bad Jim-at least the PGA comes back to the mainland next week.πŸ˜€ He won't have to come back to the area until the Canadian Open in Toronto (where else)?
In the meantime they should call the Anchor Bar, get 80,000 "Suicide" meals sent to Orchard Park and PLAY THE DAMN GAME!
Making the passing game easier can only help the Bills, not the Steelers.
JimEvers37

Post by JimEvers37 »

Jimbo,

I was going to post something about poor Jim having to brave the wintry northeast but you beat me to it!
I couldn't believe the league moved the game to Monday and didn't push back the Chiefs game with the low wind chills.
Can't wait until the Lions game at 8:15! Will be splitting time watching it and the Red Wings in Toronto tonight.

Jim
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

WIMPS! I can't believe they postponed the Bills game...there's no guarantee that the conditions will be any better tomorrow, especially with a later start-this is BUFFALO, not Miami...if you check the map you'll see that Buffalo is at the tip of Lake Erie and therefore takes the full hit of everything that blows out of the midwest, through Chicago, over Lake Michigan to Detroit then the length of Lake Erie (that's why Toronto snow comes from the north and isn't as bad).
Back to Buffalo-all they needed to do was call up the Anchor Bar and have them send 60,000 "Suicide" orders to Orchard Park.
This is the Bills' home field advantage-they work all year to get it (they had to work REALLY hard this year!), and if you thought that it was cold in KC... :scared: :fear: :helpsmilie:
I'll bet that this one game that Taylor Swift won't be attending! (of course if the Steelers pull off the upset my allegiance will turn to the Lions), but to borrow a phrase from the late, great Argo coach Leo Cahill ONLY AN ACT OF GOD CAN STOP THE BILLS!
The governor is definitely a Jets fan!

...and God stopped the Argos but...
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

Big difference between low wind chills, and blizzard conditions that create a state of emergency.
No matter where you go, there you are.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

The governor is a Jets fan! :rant:
But you have to love the fans digging their way in!
The truest fans in the league...plus the best wings in the world!
And the best news-the new stadium WON'T have a dome! :thumbup: