LIV TOUR

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.
Captain Nemo

LIV TOUR

Post by Captain Nemo »

Does anyone here care about this Tour? I just read a thread about how wonderful and successful the LIV Tour was. It detailed all 8 Tournaments and how excited (and much richer) the winners were. Really!!! Just my opinion, but it sure sounded like a well educated Arabian LIV Tour executive, wrote it.* :wallbash:

* but what do I know: I am just a poor, corrupt, government official. :oops:

P.S. - Don't forget to check out Fairies Wear Boots. Play it before you go to sleep at night, and your insomnia will be history. Hey! It worked for me. :clapping: :thumbup:
I always wanted to write something intelligent in my signature. Now that I think about it, I guess I just did! :clapping: :smile:
FOOOOORE!

Re: LIV TOUR

Post by FOOOOORE! »

Stay tuned just after the New Year, I have a hunch this is just the beginning.
fiver

Post by fiver »

I only care about the LPGA. That tour is how I learned how to swing slower.
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

I am one that actually enjoys LIV. I also enjoy certain events on the PGA tour. Something different is always a breath of fresh air.
I also know it is a slippery slope to climb when one starts playing the morality card :smile: :smile:

And fiver is spot on what he says about the LPGA. It is they who us mortals should be trying to replicate.... :yes:
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

I would also have to say that anyone who thinks watching Cam, Dustin, Bubba, Phil, Louis, Brooks, Bryson, Joaqin, Leish, Henrik, Poults, Patrick, Lee, Anirban, Abe, Sergio, Troy etc, etc not interesting is kidding themselves.....
:cheers1:
jorson2

Post by jorson2 »

I for one will play morality card
do not disagree with options but millions of dollars for no win means little to me
plus unlimited funding to push an agenda {dont fool yourselves} is not worth my interest
not sure the ends equal the means

hawk
Guitarzan

Post by Guitarzan »

The money has gotten out of hand on both tours with LIV being beyond ridiculous. 50 years ago Gary Player won the PGA Championship and won the equivalent to 6 times the average annual wage. Justin Thomas won this year's PGA and won the equivalent to 24 times the average annual wage. Not sour grapes or envy but I find it hard to watch someone making 1.3 million for a weekend of golf. Suppose I should watch Korn Ferry where the winner averages a measly but reasonable 135K.
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

Duck Hook wrote: November 5th, 2022, 9:52 am I would also have to say that anyone who thinks watching Cam, Dustin, Bubba, Phil, Louis, Brooks, Bryson, Joaqin, Leish, Henrik, Poults, Patrick, Lee, Anirban, Abe, Sergio, Troy etc, etc not interesting is kidding themselves.....
:cheers1:
With a statement like that, you seem to leave little room for opposing views.
No matter where you go, there you are.
Captain Nemo

Post by Captain Nemo »

Thanks to all for taking the time to comment. To Duck Hook, I also would love to watch the golfers you named play golf. I have no issues with multi-millionair golfers making more multi-millions.. However, I'm just not keen on LIV's 3 round tricked up format. :yawn:
I always wanted to write something intelligent in my signature. Now that I think about it, I guess I just did! :clapping: :smile:
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

Captain Nemo wrote: November 6th, 2022, 7:26 pm Thanks to all for taking the time to comment. To Duck Hook, I also would love to watch the golfers you named play golf. I have no issues with multi-millionair golfers making more multi-millions.. However, I'm just not keen on LIV's 3 round tricked up format. :yawn:
No worries. I understand many do not like the format. :thumbup: