Ballyhack

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
linkster

Re: Ballyhack

Post by linkster »

It is great to see Ballyhack get to completion! I have been looking forward to this one for a while as the DEM was one of my first that I completed. Great layout over an interesting terrain!

The error that seems to come up from time to time sounds like a reflective water issue. Sage, try turning off the reflective surface for the stream texture.

Ballyhack.png
Ballyhack.png (2.96 MiB) Viewed 1252 times

I prefer the first beta so far. The tee texture is different for the second beta and the seam blend texture properties are messed up. The course has a great look with the textures and planting.

Who did the greens and which green books were used? A lot of work went into those greens! I haven't had a chance to have a deep look at the course yet but I did notice a few places where the LIDAR derived contours would have been slightly different.

Great work on this course everyone!
Pete

Post by Pete »

Om Sage will do screen print like i did earlier but maybe previous message is the answer
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Hi Linkster,
1st, thanks for noting the issues you raised.
I fixed all the texture issues I could find.
Glenn Braden did the green contours................as always a great job..... :clapping:
Let's see what happens now...................

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/9kgff5a6 ... h3l56&dl=0

Sage........ :dunno:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
Pete

Post by Pete »

Played hole 4 half a dozen times (where i was getting the problem) no problem :smile: will try a whole round soon but looking good
Pete

Post by Pete »

Played a couple of full rounds no problems :thumbup:
Big Sexy JC

Post by Big Sexy JC »

Sage,

I apologize for not bringing this up sooner and if it's already been brought up, but I"m way behind checking out all these new courses. Anyway, I had a group of 8 AI players on Ballyhack and on hole 9 from the back tees it looks like the ball is a super bounce ball being hit in a pinball machine. As soon as the player hits it off the tee it starts bounding in several directions.

I will say that it only happened to 4 out of the 8, but the other 4 severely altered their club selection to avoid whatever invisible object is in the way. The alternate club choice was an iron off the tee box on a par 5 so they hit it way short of the fairway down into a ravine on the right, but they did avoid the pinball machine. One player chose a 3 wood instead of driver and avoided the invisible obstacle and hit it in the fairway.

Just thought I'd let you know. If I have an old version and you've already fixed this then I apologize as well. I just wanted to give you a heads up in case you didn't know about it.
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Strange. I played the course many times and also hosted a tournament there and no one encountered a problem there. If it hasn't already been fixed, it's going to be hard to find it. Hopefully somebody will save the shot.

Pete