LIV

Enough of the Links talk! Use this forum for real golf and other topics but no religion or politics.
Captain Nemo

Re: LIV

Post by Captain Nemo »

Jimbo:
Who is Brent Muburger? I think I had a Muburger yesterday at the Olympus Burger, but I could be mistaken. :smile: :cheers1:
I always wanted to write something intelligent in my signature. Now that I think about it, I guess I just did! :clapping: :smile:
dko

Post by dko »

He's a friend of Jim Nanz.
Doug
Captain Nemo

Post by Captain Nemo »

dko wrote: June 7th, 2023, 1:23 am He's a friend of Jim Nanz.
Jim Nanz has ants in his pantz.
He would like to get rid of them,
but he cantz
:naughty: :banned: :yes:
I always wanted to write something intelligent in my signature. Now that I think about it, I guess I just did! :clapping: :smile:
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

I thought I had changed it before I posted...but then I got confused about the spelling...😄
It also said that I was the only member on the board so I thought that nobody would notice!
Anyway i meant Jim...and Toronto is never as cold as Buffalo...especially this time of year...
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

This merger must be one complicated piece of work, it will be interesting to learn all the details. Presumably things like OWGR points are included, as well as majors eligibility, and what about dual membership? Will LIV members get back their PGA membership? Can PGA members now also become LIV members? I just saw the news a few minutes ago (UTC+8 here), and it's a shocker. They must have been secretly working on this for months, and very little of the nitty-gritty has been posted yet. This is the link to pgatour.com: https://www.pgatour.com/article/news/la ... d-tour-pif and that doesn't tell us much more than the fact there is a merger. I did note Monahan talked twice about "having control", so it will be interesting to see exactly what the merger entails. Interestingly, this site has nothing about the merger yet: https://www.livgolf.com/news

I just read more on Foxnews, apparently even the players were not informed a merger was being planned, not even the players on the PGA committee, and the PGA players are not happy, calling Monahan a hypocrite to his face after he called money from Saudi Arabia "blood money" and swearing the PGA would never merge with LIV. Could be a rough year for Monahan.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/pga-tour ... olf-merger
Last edited by FOOOOORE! on June 7th, 2023, 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Other sports have players' associations, more commonly referred to as "unions"..The NHLPA happens to be located in Toronto... :laugh:
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

Jimbo wrote: June 7th, 2023, 6:22 am Other sports have players' associations, more commonly referred to as "unions"..The NHLPA happens to be located in Toronto... :laugh:
Oh yes, the Centre Of The Hockey Universe ;) I can only surmise Monahan must be grinding his teeth right now. His lawyers have advised him to do this or things will get much, much worse; not only with current PGA players possibly moving to LIV, but possibly losing the PGA's future stars currently on college teams. That very successful tournament in Australia must have sent shockwaves through the PGA's upper echelon, and now, like everything else, it's all about the money, even if it's "blood money". I downloaded McIroy's little speech earlier today, but haven't had a chance to watch it yet; should be entertaining to hear his spin on recent events.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

The US Open is next week...if he PGA players all "phoned in sick."...😉
Kunkleman

Post by Kunkleman »

Jimbo wrote: June 8th, 2023, 3:22 pm The US Open is next week...if he PGA players all "phoned in sick."...😉
Yeah, they can cut off their nose to save their faces if they wish! Union tactics suck!
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

CBS is covering the Canadian Open , but Jim has already talked to Mohahan.
He might not even be here-Toronto isn't far from Buffalo...😄